PDA

View Full Version : Convinced myself that I have something wrong with my lungs :(

Jsp
24-06-12, 15:08
I normally get tight chested from stress and anxiety for a few days, especially if I've had a panic attack. But I've noticed, that my left lung is tighter than my right lung. I feel like when I breathe in, the capacity is less than the right lung, like I can no longer breathe in after about four seconds.

So now I've convinced myself that I've got a collapsed lung or something :(

I normally suffer from asthma so I'm hoping it could be that or anxiety. When I normally suffer with anxiety, the problems seem to effect my left side more for some reason. E.g. Headaches on the left side, left arm pain, left shoulder pain, left chest pains, left rib pains. The list goes on! So I'm hoping it's just the muscles around my left lung which is constricting my breathing a little more. Also I heard that your left lung is smaller than your right one so could it be because of that?

I feel a bit short of breath but I'm not sure if that's where I'm conscious of my breathing. I might get a few minutes where I forget about it and I don't feel short of breath so I'm really hoping it's just where I'm focusing it

I just think I need reassurance. I'm so fed up with everything :(

I've convinced myself that I've had so many things wrong before and I haven't and it's just been anxiety symptoms, so I'm hoping that it is the same in this situation.