PDA

View Full Version : Just need to talk

j2
24-06-12, 23:53
Hi everyone, I am a long time owner of HA issues. 40 yr old, good shape but I do use smokeless tobacco and have for years. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, GERD and IBS. I just had a CBC and lipid test that came back fine. I am on omeprazole and fiber for my GERD and IBS. For the last couple of months I have been trying to quit tobacco and I have been having frequent nausea and mild to strong upper stomach pain that is with me frequently but not all the time. I have not lost any weight and have not vomited. All these symptoms have me convinced I have a tumor somewhere in my digestive track. I am also just worn out and feel that I am not living but just going through the motions. I feel like I spend countless hours giving to my wife and kids and they don't appreciate it. My wife is faithful but doesn't seem to want to ever spend time with me. I don't really blame her I guess but I feel like I have no value outside of my paycheck to her. I don't know, maybe I am just depressed or maybe I have a tumor. Who knows. I wish some portion of my life was giving me joy right now.

Thanks for listening.

J2

Meewah
25-06-12, 00:03
Hi

I am in the same boat. I don't have much of a paycheck at the moment as my wife is the breadwinner. I look after the kids, Life is very impermanent and what is bad today will change in time. It sounds to me like depression. Why not talk it through with your wife see if she feels the same?

Mee

j2
25-06-12, 00:18
Oh I have tried many times to describe my feelings to my wife and it always ends in an argument. I explain to her that I need to feel wanted not just needed for income and help with the kids, she tells me that she appreciates me and is trying but then I point out to her the near daily occurrences of her putting almost everyone else ahead of me and she just gets angry. I understand that sometimes others need to come first but I feel like I never come first and that I always put her first and then that degrades into an argument. Crazy huh, my sin is that I love to spend time with my wife after almost 15 years of marriage. Anyway, this upper stomach pain is just adding to my anguish and I am sure that I am a goner and she will be remarried soon after I leave this earth. Not the healthiest attitude I know but that is what I got right now. Thanks for listening.

J2