PDA

View Full Version : :(

Louise1234
25-06-12, 00:22
Okay for the past 2 nights I have been feeling really panicky and I cannot take it!! I can't stop shaking, I fully feel like I can't take in a deep breathe I hate it! I have got so much on my mind and I just wanna block it all out but I can't! I feel like running away will be the best option but I know I can't do that! I cannot take much more :(

Anxious_gal
25-06-12, 03:58
If you're having a rough time your doctor might give you something to help.
If you have time , watch a few of your favorite movies but make it relaxing, grab a blanket, some snacks a drink n maybe light a lavender scented candle :)
Distraction can help sometimes.

Louise1234
25-06-12, 07:59
thank you :)

arsenalfun
25-06-12, 09:32
Don't try to run away from it, that's it. Accept it.

SLjimbo
25-06-12, 19:36
I agree with arsenalfun, the more you face it, the less intense it can be. Trying to escape or avoid from it will make it worse. That's what I learned in my road to recovery; remember that it's your body playing tricks on you and nothing more.

Another thing to remember is don't be alarmed if your symptoms are less intense one day and more intense the other. It happens to me, but through CBT, I realize I'm still here!

Just hang in there Louise, you'll do fine! :)

nicotine
26-06-12, 00:35
I agree with the other posts!

Running away from your anxiety is not the best action to take, but you can still take action without running away from the root causes of the anxiety!

Its really important to understand that the physical feelings (as ghastly as they can be!) are causing you and your body no harm. I can relate to the symptom you are describing, feeling like you can't take a full breath or breath properly at times! It really helps to take your mind off your breathing patterns and try and focus on something else, like a film or the television! If it's still too intense though at this point, try to relax and take control of your breaths breathing slowly and deeply into your stomach so it rises whilst in a comfortable position 7 seconds breath in 7 seconds breath out feeling the air move down your nostrils into your chest and down your spine. Maintain this for as long as possible! Sometimes the soreness of the chest from stress and tension can last hours even days but it will go away!

Seeing your doctor might also be a very good idea! They are they to help with anxiety! Good luck! I hope you feel better!

Louise1234
27-06-12, 12:47
Thank you every one for all your comments.

I am just having a very tough and stressful time at the moment and finding things out that are just making me feel so low :(

For the past 2 days now i have been waking up feeling like i cant breathe properly, and feeling breathless...someone said this is just one of the causes of anxiety but i still dont believe it and think that there is actually something wrong with me....Just to put my mind at rest has anyone ever felt like this before?? x

Magik
27-06-12, 19:41
Hi Louise. Sorry to hear about the breathlessness. I Have breathlessness as the WORST symptom of anxiety. I wake up fine...and then it starts about an hour later. If I don't take my meds...it can last all day, till about 7-8. It vanishes for abit, then tries to come back around 9-10, right before I want to relax for bed.

I always feel like no matter how deeply I breath, I can't get enough air into my lungs. Which causes all kinds of problems till I hyperventilate, get tingy and cold hands and feet and then I"m going to pass out. It's normal to be worried about these symptoms..but I have been to the ER at least 6 times with the problem breathing episodes, and they always say the same thing...panic attack.

After awhile, it gets to be embarrassing, least to me. They tell me to take meds and relax. Couple of times, I noticed that when I got to the hospital, I started to calm down because I knew that was likely the problem. I STILL have trouble believing them, but after going to three different medical centers and getting the same diagnosis...whats not to believe?

It's their job to make sure you get home, safe and healthy. The chances of a misdiagnosis aren't that high. ((Yes, I have researched it, being as I have a problem with googling everything too, not a good habit to get into. ))

Medicine seems to be the only thing that works for me, breathing exercises make me think about how I breath too much and make me go nuts. You just have to find what works the best for you and sometimes that does take awhile...

Just wanted you to know that you aren't alone with the breathless thing. I find it the scariest thing I'm going through. But each and every episode I have, I make it through. Now when I feel myself becoming anxious, I notice my left leg will shake, I'll mentally stop it and think, "I'm not upset, I"m not anxious, I am calm." relax my shoulders and it starts to go away. Most of it can be mind over matter...but I wish you luck and I hope you find what works for you soon, Louise.

Louise1234
30-06-12, 23:13
Thank you for replying to me, you have put my mind at rest with that.

I could just be sitting there and start to feel breatheless then think oh whats happening and then panic! :/ Viscous circle. I also find it soo embarrsing!!! and thats the same as me i google things way to much and see things on there which make me think over and over and then i panic! ive been trying my hardest not to google any more with anything to do with my health. I have only hyperventilated once and that was when i had my first ever panic attack, but i have felt the tingly feeling all in my hands and feeling very light headed.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Best whishes to you!! x

xvolatileheart
02-07-12, 20:56
Medicine seems to be the only thing that works for me, breathing exercises make me think about how I breath too much and make me go nuts. You just have to find what works the best for you and sometimes that does take awhile...

I just want to second this. Breathing exercises are awful for me. I mentioned this to my therapist and she said for people like me, who are obsessed with their breathing, focusing on it can be very unhelpful. So nevermind the books, don't do it if it doesn't help!

Mine tends to feel like I can't breathe OUT rather than in, but otherwise I completely know how you feel. It's awful and can consume my whole day with worry.