PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recomend anything for an infected toe?

anxietyoverload
25-06-12, 10:19
For about a week now, iv had some sort of infection down the side of my big toe nail! theres like a red lump that looks like its pushing its way out of the skin, and it pusses and bleeds :( iv tried TCP but its getting me no where, is there anything anyone can recomend please? x

bottleblond
25-06-12, 12:20
I think you should see your GP. My son had the exact same thing and it turned out to be an ingrown toenail. I'm not saying this is what you have as i'm certainly not medically trained but best to have it checked out.

Salt water is the best thing for the infection as that is what the Podiatrists tell you to do.

Hope this helps some

Lisa

anxietyoverload
25-06-12, 13:32
If it is an ingrowing toe nail, do they always have to have them pulled?? x

m.elise
25-06-12, 16:13
I've suffered from ingrown nails throughout my life. You don't always have to have them pulled, but you need to make sure they're kept nice and clean and not to cut the nail too short. A nice salt water soak really does the trick. But if it's a persistent thing I would definitely go to my GP about it.

anxietyoverload
26-06-12, 11:09
Hi, just to let you no i did go to my docs, and it is an ingrown toe nail and its infected so they have just given me antibitotics.

thanks! x