PDA

View Full Version : skin cancer fear

mrs way to worried
25-06-12, 11:48
I have a mole on my shoulder blade it itches sometimes , its tiny but slightly raised doctor said it looks ok but y would it itch

James1983
25-06-12, 12:38
Yeah, you only have to scratch it a few times and it becomes a habit, the more you think about it you are conscious its there so you scratch it and it gets sore.

Its sounds benign. go back to Dr for second opinion if you are still not happy

Worried_Male
25-06-12, 16:10
It's small, dr said it was fine. You don't have skin cancer.

mrs way to worried
25-06-12, 16:42
my doctor allready hates me lol , its more annoying cause i cant see it my friend said its tiny but i get like shooting pains on my shoulder blade cant work out if its from the mole or just pain in general

Worried_Male
25-06-12, 17:24
my doctor allready hates me lol , its more annoying cause i cant see it my friend said its tiny but i get like shooting pains on my shoulder blade cant work out if its from the mole or just pain in general

I went through a phase of skin cancer fears. If you had some of my moles you would shit yourself (excuse the language).

I got one that has really blurred and jagged borders and i have another that is uneven and unsymmetrical. Had them checked and luckily they were ok. But caused me anxiety for some time.

mrs way to worried
25-06-12, 21:07
its really difficult to listen to a doctor i think sometimes , my friend had a mole that itched and she picked it until it bled and thaught nothing of it that to me would be horrrifying , funny how some people just dont even bat an eyelid to symptoms but to us they can be terrifying , the pain hes got worse all day the more i thaught about it

Acidomoduso
26-06-12, 00:01
My friend is now dying of secondary liver cancer caused by melanoma. I can assure you that her mole was over an inch long and 8mm deep. She was very nauseous and losing weight for about 6 months before she was diagnosed the second time round. She was pale and looked waxy and ill. You would KNOW if it was cancerous.

1. Has it changed shape? (have you noticed a change in shape over a short period)
2. Is it asymmetrical or an irregular shape? (most moles are circular)
3. Does it have irregular colouring? (brown and black, or maybe red)
4. Does it bleed if you catch it? (my friend's would not stop bleeding)

I suspect you will answer NO to these. If you do then i would trust your doctor.