PDA

View Full Version : How Dp/dr feel to you?

Pacific
25-06-12, 12:37
I get derealization/depersonalization (feelings of unreality) all the time, when i panic it feels alot worse but its always in the background like 24/7, i feel strange, spaced out constantly, yawning alot..dizzy and just generaly feel really out of it and dreamy like i can't think clearly and feel like im going mad at any moment now. I feel unreal like im not really here kinda feeling, and my life feels unfamilair sometimes, its weird...Like my brain is dying

My psychologist said its anxiety and im absolutly not going mad but im scared that im gonna totally lose it any time cus i feel weird and different & just strange...its really hard to explain. srry for another post on this..its worst symptom for me

tomcat
25-06-12, 12:53
hi pacific, i know exactly what your goin through, i feel the same ,its like feeling something is goin to happen my my head is gonna explode or am goin to fall over because of the dizzyness. are you on any meds? am waiting to see gp to go back on venlafaxine, was on diplopram unil 5 wks ago i didnt get on with them really bad side effects, feeling abit anxious now really . tomcat x:hugs:

Lilac58
25-06-12, 12:58
I have it pretty much all the time too, to some extent. Sometimes it is just a feeling of unreality to everything, I'm isolated inside my head and nothing else exists. Sometimes a complete loss of sense of identity which is scary but fortunately doesn't last too long.

Everything looks odd, buildings are like a 2 dimensional badly painted backdrop and I can't make sense of people going about their business and I'm scared of them. I get very dizzy because sometimes things seem jumbled up and I can't orientate myself and can get lost even close to home. The things in my house look like displays in a museum, like they are behind glass and can't be touched.

When I look in the mirror I can't focus on my image, like I'm trying to look past it to the real me but the other things I can see reflected look normal.

It's just a joy everyday!!

I hope you get some relief soon Pacific. I know it's just a symptom, but it is just horrible.

Boxerharvey
27-06-12, 14:53
I am going through a pad patch like this at the moment. Ive had 2 months straight where I have been free of anxiety and its symptoms but now the last week I have just felt so spaced out and distant. My head feels like is going to explode with pressure and I feel like I am going to lose control or go mad or have a stroke. The best way I can describe it is like being heavily drugged and I cant think straight.
Ive had periods on and off of this over the years and my doctor keeps saying it is anxiety and the sign of a tired mind. Eventually it will pass, sometimes it takes days sometimes weeks but it is by far the scariest symptom. Its hard to believe that anxiety can cause such a symptom.