PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex - New User

mummyof4
26-06-12, 14:28
Hi everone. I'm Bec, 38, live in Saudi (originally the UK) with my husband and our 4 kids, aged 6,3,2 and 1.

I've been off and on a/d for years with breaks here and there. What was periodic depression seemed to become the norm....

I have most recently been on seroxat, but I was piling on the weight, and the sex life was non existent. My Saudi Psych has just changed me to Cipralex, and I am now 4 days in.

I feel blue, I have gained 3kgs, and thats 3kgs I have worked my **** off to lose in the last 3 weeks! I've tried various diets in my life, none of which have worked, either too hard to keep going on, or just fad diets for people who want to shed a lb here and there (I need to kick 3 years worth of back to back pregnancies blubber! LOL!)

My Dr says 'just give it time', but I am worried that next week I will end up fatter and even more miserable! I am trying to curb my appetite, I am excercising hard and eating sensibly, but I have found these last 4 days between coming off the seroxat and onto this med, I am craving chocs and chips like mad!!! I'm usually very good with my food.

How long does it take these tablets to kick in, and what should I expect during that time? Any tips for coping and sticking with it without having a meltdown on a daily basis?

Please please help!

ewood79
26-06-12, 22:37
Hi Bec, I've been on this for nearly 4 months on 20mg and I've been normal
In my weight etc.... I've this to be a really good anti depressant so hang in there!

Cheers Jarrod