PDA

View Full Version : Effexor

mackncody
14-07-06, 20:17
Does anyone take effexor? I started taking it almost three weeks ago, changed from another med that wasn't working, and I have been experiencing headaches and have had really bad days since taking it. I don't know if I just need to get used to it and let it kick in and body adjust to it?? I'm taking like 110 mg of it!? It seems like a lot to me. I am seeing my psychatrist next week and will tell her all this but I was seeking some real people experiences with it not just a doc telling me to buy it and come back in 6 months. Didn't mean to put anyone off this med. Just wondering, we all react differently to drugs. Different strokes for different folks.[8)]

kellynwv
14-07-06, 21:17
My sister has been taking it for about 6 years. She calls it her she doesn't give a S**T pills.. and that is what they do for her. She is a lot nicer on them. It probably will take a few weeks before they start helping you. Good luck!

mackncody
15-07-06, 04:40
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Good luck to you!:D

Hangtough
16-07-06, 16:16
Hi

I've been taking it for 2 years and am on 300mg a day. It helps my depression but it hasn't had much effect with my anxiety, so I take Citalopram for that which works well with the Effexor. I had a few side effects when I went onto it but they went in about a week and I have felt the benefits ever since. So hope it works for you. It took me 7 different medications till I found the right one though, so hang on in there!

Charlotte [:P]

ren
17-07-06, 20:24
I'm on effexor and although it helps my depression it's not done much for my anxiety. I was on mirtazapine but after I started feeling panicky last week I stopped, figuring it might be that, but here I am still feeling awful! I hope these diazapam work or I'll feel even worse.

ren

kellynwv
17-07-06, 20:27
I take Zoloft and love it. I have been on it about two months now. I have no anxiety now, and no depression. I have also noticed I am more aggressive, which I needed to be.

ren
21-07-06, 10:36
Just had my effexor upped from 150mg to 225mg. I hope it works as I'm finding today really hard.

ren

buxy99
22-07-06, 12:39
effexor is the new seroxat problems and withdrawal are a close second i would personally stay the hell away from it:(

ren
22-07-06, 13:35
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">effexor is the new seroxat problems and withdrawal are a close second i would personally stay the hell away from it:(

<div align="right">Originally posted by buxy99 - 22 July 2006 : 13:39:41</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I have to agree with you, but I started taking it 3 years ago and had no idea, so now I'm a bit stuck with it. I wish my doctor had told me 3 years ago, but of course nothing was said and there was little info on it on the web.

ren

LisaS
24-07-06, 18:45
just to say that when I was first put on medication, they gave me prozac which heightened my anxiety beyond all control - i was then put on efexor xl and my anxiety was so much more controllable.. I've been on it a year and now have my life back - it worked really really well for me.

As for withdrawal, I am currently having to come off really quick as I've just found out i'm pregnant, so am suffering a bit with dizziness, so when you get to this bit, take it slow if you can!!

good luck - we all react differently remember so it may work well for you.

Lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

Nel
27-07-06, 12:01
I took one dose of efexor and ended up in hospital. I had the worst panic attack I've ever had, I don't intend to take any more prescription medication.

Shadowwin
28-07-06, 05:32
Hey on the topic of Effexor.. I really didn't want to start a new thread since there was already one here..

I've been on 75 mg for almost a year now the doctor raised it to 150 mg which I will be starting on Monday.. my question is.. are increases bad? Should I expect the same side effects I had when I first started talking the 75's or do I have a chance of getting off side effect free? lol I 'm trying to plan my next week because I know the first week I was on the 75's I slept alot.. a whole lot..

Take Care
~Trina

manders
29-07-06, 01:30
Hi I have been on Effexor for a while now, in combination with Mirtazapine. I started on 75mgs, which was then increased to 150mgs. I had no problems with the increase in dosage.

About a month ago it was reduced back down to 75mgs as my blood pressure was high, and I am now being weaned off it over the next 2 weeks as my psychiatrist wants to try something else since the Effexor appears to have stopped helping me, and he thinks I may actually be bordering on manic depression.

The only problem I had was when I ran out of tablets and had lost my new prescription. I experienced terrible withdrawal symptoms for the 3 days I didn't have my medication, although when on the medication I have no side-effects at all.

jo61
26-11-06, 09:20
hi, did you get off effexor successfully? I'm coming off it very slowly at the moment and finding it quite difficult.

Jo