PDA

View Full Version : Eating

shotokansho
26-06-12, 23:08
Hi everyone.

I just can't seem to eat! I have had 1 yoghurt, 1 pack of crisps and a bit of chocolate since Sunday. My belly is so topsy turvy and I don't feel to good. I have tried little and often but I still can't bring myself to eat it, or even nibble it. I have never had a major appetite but I do usually eat when I'm hungary and have managed to keep myself relatively healthy.
But all this time with no food is bugging me, it's making me worried and as I say feel ill. I have spoken to my CPN but she doesn't seem to see it as a major issue as she hardly responded to it. I'm worried about what this may lead too.

Kez xx

BlueEyes28
26-06-12, 23:34
I didn't eat for 2 weeks once when i had bad anxiety, and have only just started eating after a week this time, as long as you make sure you drink lots of fluids ul be fine, your body will let you eat when it really needs it, try milkshake its better than nothing it will keep ur sugars up and stop you from feeling so ill, dont worry yourself too much ul be fine! :)

shotokansho
27-06-12, 13:04
Aww thanks for that, feel loads better now. I did manage to eat a piece of toast this morning xx

swgrl09
27-06-12, 13:35
How about taking some Tums? Sounds like just an upset stomach, I had one for about a week once... tums helped me at least get food down.

shotokansho
27-06-12, 13:59
Thank you for that, I will have a look...I didn't mention though, I have recently had my stomach pumped. :doh:

m.elise
27-06-12, 16:41
You hear about a lot of people overeating when they're upset to help them feel better, but I'm the exact opposite as I can't even think about eating when I'm upset/depressed/anxious. And when I manage to get something in, I have a hard time keeping it in. The good news is it won't last forever. Getting a good grasp on my depression (with the help of time and meds :)) is possible. In the meantime, stick to plain foods (such as toast, pretzels, yogurt, etc.) and do what you can.

miss_moose
29-06-12, 18:39
I've gone through stages like this too when my anxiety has been really bad. It's so horrid because you want to eat and feel hungry but when you try it's just impossible.

When I was last like this, the only thing I could think to do was get as comfy as possble when It came to trying something to eat.

So i'd go to bed, or just relax and sofa, do a puzzle book or read a magazine while I tried to eat, or also had a comforting dvd on.

So maybe try surrounding yourself with lots of comforts.

Also, a hot water bottle on you tummy may help, and try sucking on ginger biscuits too.

Make sure you drink plenty even if you are not eating, or atleast try xxx