PDA

View Full Version : meds stop working?

Amandala
27-06-12, 00:52
Hi everyone, I have been on different AD since I was 15 (30 now) and I have been on cymbalta for the past 3 years and I was pretty well controlled. This past month my anxiety has hit the roof all over again and my xanax isn't even touching it. I've had an ekg (heart rate 140, but the doctor isn't worried) and all blood work normal. trying to get it through my head that this is all anxiety... but my question is, has anyone had a med poop out after only 3 years? the plan is to wean off and start prozac in 2 weeks, but why would my body give up on the cymbalta so fast?

Amanda

suzy-sue
27-06-12, 01:18
I happens sometimes ..Have you had an other help apart from Meds Hun ?Because .Meds will only do so much ..Self help and other therapys are more important ..Medication will help with symptoms but arent a cure..Has their been anything that could have affected your Anxiety levels recently? Its often the case when this happens ..Its best to try and go with it and it usually it passes .,,Could be just a Blip ,everyone has them at some point ...t./c luv Sue x

Amandala
28-06-12, 01:56
Thank you so much Sue. I am going to start going back to a psychologist- mine moved away a few years back and I never sought out a new one. I am getting married in Novemember and while the planning process has been a breeze, I am really missing my Mom who passed 2 years ago. So, for now, therapy, new meds, and positive thoughts are on the agenda. :)