PDA

View Full Version : panic when standing on moving object

sogol
27-06-12, 10:50
Hello,

This is my first post ever to any forum. I am seeking for help and advice as i am completely mystified by what has happened to me.
About 2 years ago, suddenly after many years of running on treadmills religously, I started to develope anxiety attacks as soon i would start up. So severe that i would nearly fall off trying to get off and completely lose my balance and composure.
This would become less severe and then start again, now I don't get on treadmills anymore and it's really depressing me as i loved it so much. I am fed up with not knowing what has caused this. At first I thought it was vestibular neuronitis but i don't have vomiting or nausea, and don't think it's medical as i have no other serious issues, just pure loss of balance and panic that I MUST jump off.
Also, now sometimes I get panicky going down on escalators and have to use the stairs.
I have been thinking of accupuncture or hypnosis.
I hope i can get some answers and insight.
Many thanks

nomorepanic
27-06-12, 11:00
Hi sogol

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Louise1234
27-06-12, 12:56
Hey,

With my panic attacks, in a shopping mall or something i cannot go down the stairs,up the stairs or the esclators without holding on to someone because i just go so dizzy and feel like im going to fall! I hate it, i have to hold on to one of my family members or friends because i go all dizzy, i will not ever go on these when i am by myself as i will just avoid the places that have these :( x