PDA

View Full Version : Lip twitching for 3 weeks - Worried!!

Worriedabouthealth
27-06-12, 16:38
Sometimes it does it when i talk, it's the upper lip on the left side and sometimes around the chin area or bottom lip on the same side.

Keep worrying it could be the start of a muscle wasting disease as I know twitching can be that or worried i might have a tumour in my mouth or face that could be pressing on nerves and causing the twitching.

It's quite persistent and it just won't go away!! My mouth feels deformed.

m.elise
27-06-12, 22:51
My left eye twitches when I'm really stressed. Sometimes I don't even realize how stressed I am until I realize that my eye has been twitching for a couple of weeks. Are you doing OK? If you're really worried about things, go to your GP and talk to them.

nomorepanic
27-06-12, 23:29
I have had twitching mouth and eye over the years with anxiety

Worriedabouthealth
28-06-12, 17:44
I appreciate the replies, I have had this twitching for 3 weeks and for the last week I have had bad pain on the left side of my head, cheek and cheekbone.

My twitching can occur when I am not doing anything or sometimes when I smile or talk or eat.

I'm worried it's a tumour pressing near my mouth that is causing it or maybe even the start of a muscle wasting disease :-(

nomorepanic
28-06-12, 19:07
.... or it could be just anxiety.

Why not mention it to your doc?

Worriedabouthealth
30-06-12, 21:40
I still have this i dont think its normal to have it for so long its odd cos i have pain on that side of my face too but then again the twitching started before i got the pain.

Will definitely mention this to the doctor although they will probably say nothing about it.

Vixxy
02-07-12, 10:12
Funny you should mention this. I've had a twitchy eye on and off for 3 weeks now!

Worriedabouthealth
06-07-12, 21:59
Rather have a twitchy eye and a twitchy lip hehehe.

Anxious_gal
07-07-12, 03:21
I read some where twitching can me your low in something, might be vitamin b12 as they help your nerves.

Do you have any issues with wisdom teeth, or tmj?
If your jaw mucles are tense it can make your face a bit twitchy