PDA

View Full Version : Newbie that thinks he doesn't need help

1bigpig
28-06-12, 01:37
Well, where do I start? I guess by saying that I am looking for help and this is the first time in my life that I feel like I need it. I have always been the super jock, tough guy, Marine that is mentally tough. I always though that I would be the guy that got shoot by a jelous husband....Not have anxiety. I have never let anything bother me my entire life and have been able to cope with what ever cam my way. Most of my friends say that I am the most level headed, cool hand person they know and I would agree.

Well about 2 months ago, I was in the gym working out and I had just taken a brand new supplement (N.O.)...Well I had a bad reaction and my BP dropped and it felt like I was about to pass out. The next morning, I wake up and jump into the shower. While I was in the shower, out of no where I got this massice headach and my eyes started to go crazy....I thought I was having a stroke! Well that was the start. To shorten things up, I have seen every doc from Cardio, Nero and so on. I have been through several tests. I was having this having mild headachs, dizziness, mental fog, feeling of doom, tightness in chest and throat and just a general ill feeling. After everthing, my family doc said it was anxiety. After she told me this 3 weeks ago, it took a lot of the doom feeling away and the constant worry of my heart. She put me on Clonazapam on .5 1-2 tab, 1-3 times daily as needed. I have been trying not to use the meds but I have been avg 1 tab a day and 4 days per week. things seemed to bee getting better, but out of no where on sunday night I had a panic attack while I was trying to go to sleep. I was even thiinking of anything but going on vacation this week. So the last 3 days have been really tough and I am just looking to see how I might be able to cope with this till I can make a recovery...I will not let this define my life.

But, I got to say that it is nice to see that there is somewhere I can go for a little help.

nomorepanic
28-06-12, 01:51
Hi 1bigpig

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.