PDA

View Full Version : afraid of being alone

Rikke
28-06-12, 13:27
Hi Hope you can help me.

I have written in the forum for new, so you can read about who I am. I need your help. I suffer terribly from anxiety and panic, and should for the first time over a year, being home alone for 4 days.

My security person (my husband) has traveled to Germany and I'm already panicking! I do not know how I get through all these days, I live in a new city and my family is far away.

I no longer work, so I'm all alone. I cry and are afraid, and I even have only been alone for 3 ½ hours until now,

I can not manageable how I get through all these days. Will you help me? :weep:

All tips and tools received with gratefully

m.elise
28-06-12, 16:54
Do you have a favorite TV show, movie, CD, book, etc. that gives you comfort? Immerse yourself in it. Know that you're not alone in the world. But also try to look at this time for you to work on you and that everything will be OK.

Fearthainn
29-06-12, 21:03
Hah, my wife has gone on holiday with our daughter for a week so I can relate to this. I also got sick in the meantime which is not helping.

I agree with elise, watch some tv or try and read a book. Denmark is a beautiful place so if you can manage it go outside and have a walk. Do you have any friend you can call, maybe invite over?

jackathy
29-06-12, 22:04
You've already taken a great step by coming on here, talking about it with other people who are like minded who can just listen is a big help! There must be something that you really enjoy doing, even if you don't have the motivation try and think of how happy you were when you last did it e.g how funny the tv show was (I suggest the big bang theory!). Try and keep yourself busy, try and learn somerthing new! You can do it, it's hard, we all know it's hard but we also all know that it's possible to get through it! Sorry if this hasn't been a help, i'm really no good with words! Just know you have immense support even from people you've never met! x

LittleMissSleepy
29-06-12, 23:09
I understand how it feels to spend a lot of time alone. Can you use communication to stay in contact. I find using skype really helps to bridge the gap. Etc keeping busy and finding distractions also help the lonely hours. I find it is hardest late at night especially falling asleep is harder. How do you find it ?

honeyp1e
30-06-12, 00:57
keep your self distracted etc your husband will be home before you no it xx

Rikke
30-06-12, 10:24
thanks, you are all so sweet! ....

I have had a strong feeling of claustrophobia, panic, and "normal" anxiety .. :huh: The last 2 nights I've phoned a mother - one of my son's playmates, and asked if she would sleep here * lol * .. :blush: I'm so embarrassed, but she has slept here for 2 nights!

I can not sleep if I am alone, panic is spreading fast and strong when I'm alone at night. It is certainly my health anxiety (I think I have heart disease) ...

Now there is only 1 night back! ... wohuuu! I do not watch TV, but I read some books, and the time feels crazy long when you are alone for so many days and hours!

Thank you all! You makes me happy with your input

Fearthainn
30-06-12, 15:03
Great to hear you're better! I'm sure the last day will pass very quickly too :)

honeyp1e
30-06-12, 15:09
Am the same i can't remember the last time i stayed alone at night (HATE IT ) i find the night a lot worse for my anxiety and if am alone it kicks in right away :( am good in the day time being alone but i just have to battle the night time now :(

Rikke
30-06-12, 18:48
I am really sorry on your behalf :-(

I know what you're going through. I have it too difficult a day as I suffer from extra beats-many within day .. they make me so scared, and I'm already afraid of sudden cardiac death.

Because of this I have developed agoraphobia, so I can not go anywhere. I am forced to be here alone with my anxiety and my scary thoughts. :weep: