PDA

View Full Version : Bad day. Chest Pains, been to hospital

peter34uk
28-06-12, 16:06
Hi guys,

Awoke at 5.30am with chest pains. Went to docs at 11am who sent me to A&E for an ECG.

ECG came back fine and im now home again BUT the chest pains have returned a bit and im worried about sleeping tonight incase they get worse or they a symptom of something more sinister!

Anyone else had this? It just feels like tight chest pains in centre of chest, esp when i lie down!

nomorepanic
28-06-12, 19:09
If the hospital have checked you out then you will be fine Peter. They wouldn't let you out if they suspected a problem.

There are loads of posts about chest pain - I replied to one last night with the same pain as you so check that out.

Did the hospital say what it could be?

peter34uk
28-06-12, 20:38
If the hospital have checked you out then you will be fine Peter. They wouldn't let you out if they suspected a problem.

There are loads of posts about chest pain - I replied to one last night with the same pain as you so check that out.

Did the hospital say what it could be?

Just said nothing sinister and didnt want to do any more tests. Just I still have that chest pain and actually felt sick after dinner.

Stress??

nomorepanic
28-06-12, 20:57
More like indigestion/acid reflux

kimkitson77
28-06-12, 21:00
Iv not long got out of hospital after having many tests done! I had ecgs stood up sat down chest x rays and stayed in 24hrs on a heart monitor, i was diagnosed with a condition called POTS altho its not life threatening im still convinced my hearts not beating right etc etc its scary stuff! I sympathise with you, as today my bellys been burning like mad and getting like bubble sensation in throat i believe its acid reflux but am convinced its my heart etc.
kim

Anxious_gal
28-06-12, 21:12
Does it hurt more when you move? Could be mucle pain.
If it gets unbearable and doesn't ease up don't be afraid to go back to a doctor, or an out of hours doctor or to hospital if you need to.
ECGs are very sensitive, they kept me in hospital over night for heart palps n a fast heart rate. I was fine n I still get them which sucks.
Just trying to say they'd tell you if they thought anything was wrong .

peter34uk
28-06-12, 21:50
cheers guys. Im hoping it disappears in a few days and that I sleep okay tonight. Here's hoping.....:)

Chegsy
28-06-12, 22:19
Nothing sinister means you will be here to tell the tale in the morning so try and relax and have a good nights sleep. An ECG would of told the drs anything to further investigate or to be worried about, after having this test you are much less likely to have an incident of any consequence tonight. Hopefully a good nights sleep and rest will alleviate the pain which is much more likely to be from a common sorce such as indigestion/panic anxiety xx

miss_moose
29-06-12, 18:35
I get chest pains alot, I've seen the doctor who about them before who wasn't concerned in the slightest. Any panic is going to make them worse too or make your chest hurt anyway.
Take it easy, and try a hot water bottle (wrapped in a towel) on your chest, I do that why mine hurts.

Hope you feel better soon