PDA

View Full Version : am i breathing right????

selphie
28-06-12, 16:44
ive been worrying alot today.

its very hot and i was standing outside having a ciggie and a horrible feeling came over me.
it just felt like i couldent get a breath like when you have just had a bath and its really hot in the bathroom, ive never been in a sauna but thats what it felt my heart was racing and i felt so hot i felt like i was going to pass out.

i went inside and ever since it feels like im breathless all the time.

i have had this before its always been a problem with me but usaually its ectopic beats or a fast heartrate.

i know ive been told theres nothing wrong with my heart on numerous occasions but it dosent make this any easier im still very worried.

i asked my mum and she said yes it was unbreathable but she wasent as bad as me and i think she was just trying to make me feel better.

has anybody else had a problem with this in hot weather???

is it me am i starting to get anxious again????

if anybody has advice please would be goodxxxx:)

BobbyDog
28-06-12, 19:03
This is my main problem, I always feel as though I can not breathe properly.
The only way I deal with it is to distract myself from my bodily sensations. I keep telling myself that I am the one in charge of my body and only I can make it stop.
I am in a positive frame of mind at the moment, I have had my setback, but am determined to win.

Stay positive:D

selphie
29-06-12, 18:08
thankyou for commenting no one really ever comments on my post so its scary trying to cope alone im feeling a bit better today trying to keep my self occupied.

im trying to ignore it and carry on the best i canxx
:)

xvolatileheart
02-07-12, 21:07
I know that feel so well, it's like dread spreads through your whole body and you fully believe you won't be able to take the next breath in. It leaves me feeling terrified and breathless for hours, or even days. It's one of my worst symptoms. I wish I could have every scan under the sun to make sure there's nothing wrong with me, but I know I'm being unreasonable. It's just so hard to accept it as being anxiety and not a physical problem.

selphie
13-08-12, 20:14
thats all i want all the tests so i can just get on with my life knowing the truthxx

24track
14-08-12, 02:43
My guess is that whilst you were smoking it antagonised things... there are so many bad things in the smoke you wouldnt believe!
Ive just come to the same conclusion about my attacks, and they always happened when Id been smoking and worried generally.
I now just use an e-cig for the nicotine and guess what? No issues!! Maybe try that, well that's my advice anyways! Good luck!

Goldfinch
14-08-12, 07:36
This may sound really silly but I used to have that breathless feeling when I was anxious, and I used to look at my fingernails and tell myself that as they were pink I was obviously getting enough oxygen, so I must be breathing properly despite the way I was feeling. It might help to reassure you.

Donny
14-08-12, 12:15
A Pulse Oximeter would be handy for you. Lets you know your oxygen saturation levels within 5 sec and is relatively discreet.

It is a bit of a double-edge sword though. As pulse rate and oxygen saturation levels go up and down all day.

You can get a decent one on Amazon for £21-£30. Same ones as the paramedics use. I have one and it is handy at times.

Indiepoos
16-08-12, 00:08
I have a friend who recently started getting this and I'm having trouble making him understand that it's purely mental. Docs have told him it's due to his anxiety but he insists that it feels real. If your chest is going up and down then you're breathing just fine. You really need to try to just accept that it's anxiety and distract yourself and every time a day ends just think "If I was suffocating then I wouldn't have made it through the day" Don't try too hard not to think about it because then you get in a state of when you do forget then your brain goes "I was trying not to think of something? what was it? Oh yeah I remember now!" So you see trying to force yourself to forget and not obsess just makes you go around in circles.

I'm sure you're fine :) Good luck and P.S sweet pic ;) Love Buffy

selphie
19-10-12, 13:47
thankyou for your reply's i still get this feeling but like a few have said, i have try to ignore it, i do not think i will ever be able to live with the fact i am ok but i will try.

indiepoos, buffy is my all time fav, i just i wish i had her strength sometimesxx

meche
19-10-12, 13:57
I've been having this problem recently and just didn't feel like I was getting enough air in my lungs. It's a scary feeling! It's a form of hyperventilation without the panic...... that's what my doctor told me. You take such deep breaths that you take too much oxygen into your lungs then when you take abother breath your lungs feel full, then you feel breathless. I was given breathing exercises which helped a little but I've learned not to take deeps gasps of breath even when I feel I need to. I have to ignore the sensation and let my natural breathing do it's thing. No matter how uncomfortable it feels, you will NOT stop breathing. xx

selphie
19-10-12, 14:16
thats it thats what it does feel like, not enough air in the lungs, i feel like i need more air and it makes me feel uncomfortable i hate it, i wish i could ignore it well done you can thoxx