PDA

View Full Version : do anxiety symptoms get worse the longer your without food?

lucy_21
28-06-12, 17:31
Do the anxiety symptoms get worse the longer you are inbetween the next meal time or is it just me making it worse?
My anxiety symptoms seems to get even more worse (and they are bad to start with) when i have gone a couple of hours without eating. But im not hungury and i dont want to be consently eating?
Do anxiety symptoms get worse the longer without food?
xxxxxx

sunday
28-06-12, 18:23
yes, i find this - and yes, i'm worried as i dont want to eat all the time!! i find i have to eat lots more when i'm at work, so more anxious because otherwise my hunger exsaberates (spelling?!) my fainty/lightheaded feelings, so i'm alway munching away! at home i dont have to do this, a cuppa will be enough. Its got to the point with me, that i panic if i'm with other people and lunch is delayed, or whatever -but that might be the vicious circle of panic i guess!!

holly1
28-06-12, 18:33
I also find that my anxiety increases when I am hungry or thirsty. Especially at work I will feel very lightheaded and this brings on panic if I don't eat regularly.
I guess we are burning a lot of energy from the constant worry! :)

shotokansho
29-06-12, 09:40
I'm the same as Holly, if I know I'm going to be out for a while I always force myself to eat something because I'm so afraid of passing out in the street.

xvolatileheart
02-07-12, 21:59
Yes, I definitely get this! It's to the point I've worried about my blood sugars or thinking my blood pressure is dropping when I don't eat. Like you, I don't want to be eating all the time, but my anxiety definitely gets worse when I don't eat. I get lightheaded, weak feeling, just generally awful.

PanchoGoz
02-07-12, 22:04
Definately. I get the shakes before meals as well. Must be blood sugar. It's bad to eat badly for long periods and then get aneamic, that's terrible for anxiety.

Chegsy
02-07-12, 22:54
Me too I find I'm a wreack without my food, I think anxiety burns a lot of fuel for the body and makes you need more food. I feel terrible if im without food to long!

Ddcoo
06-07-12, 09:20
I get shaky and light headed after about 3 hrs, so if I am going out I take something like a snack bar with me which keeps the blood sugar level steady. I don't have diabetes, but I do tend to get sugar "dips", probably not helped by anxiety.

scaniajess
07-07-12, 22:52
My anxiety definitely rises if I havent eaten, even when i dont want food. I start shaking, my legs turn to jelly and i end up having a full blown anxiety attack. I hate it! Once i've eaten im right as rain :D

buffybot
16-07-12, 00:50
I am diabetic and there is a connection between diet and anxiety if I mess up my diet I get ill and then the anxiety gets worse along with depression so it is important to eat at the right times and the right amount of food.
Even if you are not diabetic blood sugar becomes a problem if you are underweight or overweight and it is now known blood sugar inbalance can trigger panic disorder
so eating right is a key to beating anxiety.

pollypocket53
09-12-12, 17:05
I am diabetic too and people often mistake anxiety/panic attacks with low blood sugar. It took me quite a while to tell the difference(by checking my blood glucose reading) so if you feel like that maybe try some low gi carbs or an apple(something that dosent put your sugar way up again for it to fall again drastically):yesyes: