PDA

View Full Version : hello all

dream
28-06-12, 22:41
Hello everyone ,
I was on this site many many years ago with panic and anxiety and it helped me so much , i have been on meds for a year now and feeling much better , i hope i can help others , ive come back with the aim to help if i can , and also would like advice on my son who is suffering from social anxiety , wish i could help him more any advice would be great than you everyone x

nomorepanic
28-06-12, 23:39
:welcome: back

suzy-sue
29-06-12, 02:23
Hi Dream :welcome:Back ..LuvSuex

BobbyDog
29-06-12, 22:19
If your son has not already been for CBT, ask your doctor to refer him, they are very helpfull and should be able to teach him how to deal with his anxiety more effectively.

dally
30-06-12, 09:05
Hi
what helped you over the past year?

Zingything
30-06-12, 13:45
Hi, I have CBT at home once a week for a few hours and the therapist has been a great help, we discuss and try different coping strategies and behaviours before going out and putting them into practice, sometimes it works sometimes not. I had to be referred for CBT and was on a waiting list for many months, that's the only drawback, unless you can afford to pay privately of course, which I can't.
It is worth a go though and certainly wont do any harm.
Good luck x

dream
02-07-12, 19:18
Hello and than you every one for the welcome, dally , i had been on meds before but a few things happened in my life that brought my panic and anxiety back so before it got out of hand i decided to go back on meds again xx