PDA

View Full Version : blood tests

bronte
29-06-12, 11:01
hi my 19 year old daughter had some blood test because shes got ibs they wanted to check for other causes for her ibs symptoms so they took loads and that was on the 20th of june and they were faxed through to the Dr on the 21st and the Dr looked at them same day receptionist said do you think they would have got in touch by now if they was anything wrong its now the 29th x

nomorepanic
29-06-12, 11:34
Yes they would but why don't you call and ask for the results?

Chegsy
29-06-12, 12:46
Defiantly there is standard procedures for anything nasty and they would of notified your sister. Just make the call tho it will put the anxiety to rest x

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Oops I mean daughter:ohmy:

bronte
29-06-12, 14:12
i spoke to the receptionist who said they cant give results over the phone and because my daughters 19 they wouldnt tell me anyway but i might give them another ring anyway but like you said they would have phoned or sent a letter if anything was wrong x

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

no again they said its policy that the gp has to give the results to my daughter because shes an adult so they ringing her after 4 oclock but i if they was something wrong surely they would have contacted her and not waited for us to contect them i cant stop worrying now x

nomorepanic
29-06-12, 14:22
They would have asked to see her if there was anything wrong so it will all be ok. Please stop worrying though as it is not good for your health either.

bronte
29-06-12, 14:32
thanks nicola i know your right
jayne x

Chegsy
29-06-12, 14:32
If they have anything to say its routine stuff and nothing serious. They would never leave a 19 year old to contact them if they had information that her health was at risk. Relax it will be fine x

bronte
01-07-12, 19:07
thanks everyone for your replies you were all right they are all normal thanks again x