PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive

neowallace
29-06-12, 12:08
Hi Guys

Does any fellow anxiety sufferers feel really sensitive most of the time? I mean do you take things to heart even though they may not have been personal? For example working in a Call Centre and someone is really off with you because of bad service not you personally but it feels they are getting at you. What would someone do in that sense to cope? Any thoughts? Sorry I know it might be a strange question for some but it seems to fit in with my own problems. I suffer from GAD..Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome...please don't say stick the phone down on them.....lol...:noangel:

BobbyDog
29-06-12, 22:12
I was working in an office block last year, which also housed a call centre. It is a high pressure job and people can be very abusive, so I am not surprised that you sometimes take their comments to heart.

But also, I think there is a little anxiety related paranoia. I take everything to heart.

Sounds like a contradiction, but I mean it is probably a little of both.

xxcessxx
29-06-12, 23:36
just try and smile there only on the phone the anger is not aimes at you jst at the company :)ino as i work in a call centre lol x

neowallace
30-06-12, 09:53
Thanks guys for the posts I respect the opinion of fellow anxiety sufferers. I have worked in about 5 or 6 Call Centres in the last 13 years it is all I know in terms of job skills. I am about to start a new job in a Call Centre. To be honest I have been at college and out of work for nearly a year and it has been a nightmare. I think I would rather face angry people down the phone than be sitting in my house most of the day alone. It has caused me more anxiety....Anyway thanks again....:D

All the best
Steven

theharvestmouse
30-06-12, 21:25
I'm very sensitive, I think most anxiety sufferers are.