PDA

View Full Version : Fear

Lizzy
25-05-04, 16:02
I'm in the grip of anxiety at the moment, and the symptons that concern me most are fear. I seem to be frightened of life, in a way I'm frightened of myself because I feel as if my thinking is clouded, and I don't feel like myself and that I will lose control also I just hate being alone. When the anxiety is at it's worst I don't really care about living and as I smoke even that doesn't bother me but when the feelings subside I start worrying about my health and the damage I am doing to myself. This time my anxiety started after I was prescribed medication for cholestrol, whether it was coincidence or not I don't know, but I felt really depressed whilst taking it, so had to come off it. So at the moment I have the added worry of high cholestrol, it's just a vicious circle. I am terrified of medication because of the adverse reactions I always seem to get. Tonight I am suppose to be going out for a meal, I would love to make an excuse as I am afraid that I shall have an anxiety attack but know that I can't give in to it. Elizabth

Laurie28
25-05-04, 16:20
Hiya Harriet,

It sounds to me as though you have anxiety and depression. I believe that anxiety can often lead to depression.

There is nothing worse than living in a constant state of fear - I know I've been there. But you can get better.
Have you been to the doctor to see about kinds of counselling that are available in your area? You don't have to take meds if you would rather not.

As for your cholestrol problems there are things that can be done (eating wise) that can help reduce it (have a hunt around the internet and I'm sure you will get alot of info.

Both are treatable but take some hard work. I don't know if you have read meg's first steps to recovery in the welcome section but yu will get great advice from there.

Do try and not avoid situations (ie going out for the meal) as if you start avoiding things it is very difficult to start doing these things again

Let us know if there is anything we can do eh? and any questions just ask

Take Care
Lucky

april tones
25-05-04, 16:34
hi harriet, i know how you feel. I felt exactly like that untill i got help. I had post natal d. I still get odd day, like yesterday. Have you been to docs? love april

apriltones

Meg
25-05-04, 17:35
Elizabeth

What you're describing is very common both the fear of life thing and the extra fear of meds .

For your cholesterol get yourself decent porridge oats and have them daily and if you can bear it get some supplements called lethicin- no side effects and they will help reduce it.

You know about smoking so I won't labour that most important point Lol

Take it step by step- keep those thoughts rational and keep up the internal debate.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone