PDA

View Full Version : Silent Tears - feel like running away

lisa p
15-07-06, 11:16
Hi

I am so fed up today.

My hubby and the children have gone out for the day, I am pleased they have gone to have so fun, but feel guilty and fed up that they are missing out on having their mum with them.

When they are at home I am brave mum, putting on an act, whilst inside my heart is breaking. As soon as they left this morning I broke down crying - feel better for doing it but now thinking perhaps I should leave and let them have a life !!! my hubby could fine someone nice who would be able to go out and about and on hols with them AHHHH so confused, havent really got the courage to leave them, they would be so upset, but dont know what to do.

I really thought I could be on the road to recovery, but I just do not feel like leaving the house. WHY cant I have a life?? Its so unfair.

Take care

Lisa

Daisybun
15-07-06, 11:31
Lisa, i am so sorry you feel like this. i have een where you are now and it is not nice but i am slowly getting better. I am on meds and it has helped me to be more positive and tackle the things that have been causing me anxiety. Your husbad and children love YOU, YOU are their mum, no one can replace YOU. I know it seems so unfair, this is a horrible thing to go through, but you can get through it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel even though you may not be able to see it yet. Just take today as a day out, a day to pamper yourself, to relax, don't punish yourself with these negative thoughts, your family love you and need you, even if you are not functioning as you would like to it doesn't matter at the moment, you will get there and they will love you no metter what. Thinking of you

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

EebyJeeby
15-07-06, 11:35
Hi Lisa,

Aw try not to feel too downhearted. I know you feel guilty for not going but they will have a different sort of good time with your hubby. My own mum suffered like this many years ago. She would rarely come out with us all. We had a great time, but I do remember always looking forward to coming home to the comforts of mum - a nice feeling in itself.

Perhaps you could do a little baking or prepare a lovely supper or something special. That way you'll all feel good.

You have to take these things one step at a time. I don't know if you are having any treatment, but things will get better - you're just feeling it more today.

Eeb x

honeybee3939
15-07-06, 11:40
Hi Lisa,
I can truely understand what you are going through. My husband as gone out shopping today with the children also, and i am at home alone as i dont like busy shopping centres etc.
I couldnt leave my home for a couple of years but things have got better as i am sure it will for you Lisa, we have to take small steps at a time, these will lead to bigger steps.
I used to feel guilty but dont anymore, and you shouldnt feel guilty either.
You sound like a loving caring person and in life thats all that matters.
Im sure your husband and children understand, my illness as made my family alot closer.

Take care

Love Andrea
xxx

marie ross
15-07-06, 11:47
Hi Lisa,

I too have felt like this before, never going out with my children and feeling like the worst mother on the planet.

But don't feel guilty, you are there for them and thats all they want a mum who they can talk to and who will listen to them.

You are there to bath them, put them to bed and read them a story at night, your family will love you no matter what.

My children love me regardless of whether we're pottering around the house or at some big theme park!!!!

You will get there give it time, in the meantime your children are having a lovely day out and will be looking forward to seeing their mum and telling you all about it.

Take care.

Marie XXX

manmoor
15-07-06, 12:00
Hi Lisa,

Hugs for you. I guess we all feel guilty where our kids are concerned as I think its a mothers job lol.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

lisa p
15-07-06, 12:13
Thanks everyone for the support, it is so good to know that we are not alone with these feelings. I am keeping busy so feel a little better now.

Have a good weekend, and thanks again.

Lisa px

Karen
15-07-06, 12:54
Hi Lisa

Sorry you are feeling so down today. I too am feeling low.

Being a mum is more than being able to go out to places, it is about always being there and unconditionally loving your children. I am sure your children love you and you sound like a brilliant mum. They would be devastated if you left.

I hope you feel a little better and can look forward to your husband and children returning home to you later.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

emma chant
15-07-06, 17:28
Hi Lisa,
Don't leave your hubby and kids they must love you lots.
Try relax and think possitive,your kids need their mum.
[:X]

e chant

shell100
15-07-06, 18:00
lisa x
Hugs
been there, done that, got the bloody T-shirt & its horrid!!
i still feel guilty that i wont go out shopping with my daughter & when my son askes for a lift i can only get to bloody tescos, not that i can do the shopping at the moment!
i say wont because its only me stopping myself.
guilt does no good........ but we still feel it ....cus we are good mums who love our kids, if we didnt bother we wouldnt be much would we
times will change
hugs
michelle
x

polly daydream
17-07-06, 00:23
Lisa, hang on in there sweet, your children need you and so does your husband, I'm sure they would be devistated if you just upped and left, things will get better.

Take care,

Polly x