PDA

View Full Version : worried about parking fines gone to wrong address

nok_tok
29-06-12, 19:30
i moved to a new address 12 months ago, i updated all my addresses, but must have forgotten to update the car log book,

i just realised my tax disc is about to run out, and then realised i didnt get a reminder and realised my address isnt updated on my log book

ok on 3 occasions in the last 3 or 4 months we overparked in a camera reconition car park, i was worried we were going to get a fine and we didnt, two times my partner said he thought he was going over the limit near speed cameras but we didnt get anything through the post

im shitting it now...what if all this has built up at our old address?????

can anyone give advice? what if there are no fines? or should i ring the private company and ask them??

i would go back to my old address but i dont think they speak english and i would assume they would have just thrown it away?? if there are fines they would have been a few months ago

bottleblond
29-06-12, 20:11
Contact the DVLA in swansea and update your details.

Lisa

mikewales
29-06-12, 20:29
Yep, update your details and if there are any outstanding points or fines they can let you know. Private parking companies you would need to contact them directly.

Mountainclimber
29-06-12, 20:30
One way round it it to sell the car, LOL. Just phone dvla and explain the situation, you could go to your local Police Station with the document, explain the situation, they can do a vehicle check, and any outstanding penalty's will show up. Good luck

Liviguy
04-07-12, 10:36
Hi there. With regards to the private parking companies do not contact them. Their 'fines' are unlawful and they should never be referred to as fines. They are unenforceable invoices. Any correspondence from these sharks should be ignored. Just Google parking charge notice and you will get a stack of info on it. Pepipoo and money saving expert forums are full of posts about these. You can only get fined by a council, police or rail operator. All the other private companies can not fine you, they can only ask you to pay a parking charge which you are not legally obliged to do. They send many letters threatening what they 'may' or 'might' do, these letters should be ignored as they are nothing more than begging letters.