PDA

View Full Version : Help.

aaamylouxo
30-06-12, 13:04
Hello, basically im having some serious issues and i don't know what to do anymore. I've tried talking, but most of the time, it doesnt help because people who have not or are not going through this just dont understand.. hence how i found myself here.
I was sexually assaulted in September 2010, it took a year to go to court but it was a slow and painful process. I was accused of lying and i was even beaten up. I found myself avoiding people, and the drs put me on anti depressants. I no longer went back to my own home ( i stayed with family ) and stopped going out compeltely. The guy pleaded guilty and although it was a massive weight, he didnt go to prison. I still avoid any situations with men, and im not sure if this is my problem. I dont think they will hurt me.. i think i just link men with panic now. I just dont know. Im so confused. I moved back in with my parents.. I have overcome some problems with my anxiety, like i sometimes go for lunch or to the hairdressers, and my friends come to mine but i am still a long way from fixed. I find myself stopping myself from going to places or doing certain things and i just dont know how to cope. I'm supposed to be starting training for a new job on Monday, and after a year out i just dont know if im ready yet.. I want to try CBT, but i dont know if it will help? Negative thoughts and panic is taking over. I have read over the articles time and time again.. I just dont know what to do, i dont want to turn into a complete hermit when im young :( :( :( :(

BobbyDog
30-06-12, 14:38
I would go for the CBT. It is really worth the effort, talking to someone who is not directly involved with you is sometimes easier; and ask to see a female Psychologist if it would help.
You are only young, take action now, it will not be easy, but in the end it will be worth it if you can get your life back.
See what your GP thinks.