PDA

View Full Version : Had panic attack and done this

Mountainclimber
30-06-12, 15:06
DEAR FRIENDS
This morning i was feeling on edge, dont know why. I seem to feel a panic attack coming on, i took my dog for a walk ( i live in the country side ) whilst walking the crazy thoughts came to me, im unwell, im going to faint, run home now, I became dizzy and went to run home, my panic was building up. STOP i said to myself, breath, relax, nothing is going to happen. And nothing did happen, just goes to show how we can get carried away with our thought. So i beat that panic attack and didn't let it control me, i controlled it. Feel calm now, the advice on this site does work, use it to your advantage and beat this monkey on our back. Wish you all peace and happiness :yesyes:

honeyp1e
30-06-12, 15:08
Well Done hun its just that negative thinking that trys to take over but we just have to take control of it x

BobbyDog
30-06-12, 16:04
Well done Murphys Law,
I have only just started to realise, I alone am in charge of this anxiety, medication and CBT can be a great help, but being positive and taking control is the only method that is going to beat the panic attacks. I am challenging my anxiety on a daily basis now, so far so good, I have had a couple of bad days, but on the whole I am getting better.
I did the same as you about a month ago, got to the end of the street with the dogs and the I was stiffled by the humidity, panic attack started, but I kept on walking, I was proud of myself.

Well done for your strength of mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaoticKutie
30-06-12, 17:39
That is awesome.. sometimes breathing slow and telling yourself it will end does help.

mrmj
30-06-12, 18:46
Nice one! Would have been so easy to run home, and then you would have been more breathless from running which would have made everything escalate! Nice work for realising and stopping it all from happening!!!!!