PDA

View Full Version : My poor heart!

kimkitson77
30-06-12, 21:30
so iv just been diagnosed with an none life threatening heart condition called pots!!
the symptoms are never ending, trouble is i seam to have had a flare up of my anxiety and panic!! im not eating, sleeping, struggle to even talk half the time!!! any advice?
kim

BlueEyes28
30-06-12, 21:38
I feel for you huni, what is pots? ;-)

kimkitson77
30-06-12, 21:53
its a condition called postural orthastatic tachycardia syndrome. means your heart speeds up when your stood up!

BlueEyes28
30-06-12, 22:03
Ahhh ok I know, I was thought to of had that when I first got anxiety but I think it was just high blood pressure from having pre-eclampsia due to pregnancy, so do you have to take meds, can you do normal things or does this change anything in your day to day life? Sorry for all the questions i'm just intregued :-)

kimkitson77
30-06-12, 22:16
I used to live a relatively normal life! i have actually suffered it for many years now and yes i take betablockers for it (propranolol) i also take citalopram for depression,
2 weeks ago i was rushed to a&e with suspected kidney stone so as u can imagine the pain was awfull. since then well 2 days later my anxiety stress depression and pots have all flared up!! I have lost over a stone i feel sick all the time not sleeping very well.. you no all the anxiety symptoms, but then i also cant stand up for too long because my heart races out my chest! So at the minute i am kind of bed ridden and cant do much for myself! Im hoping all the horrible symptoms will ease of at some point!

BlueEyes28
30-06-12, 22:25
Awww huni thats horrible sending you a big hug, it will get easier though as time goes on us HA sufferers usually find a way of dealing with things in one way or another and at least its not life threatening thank god. Is there anything docs can do for yoi anxiety wise put you meds up maybe? X

kimkitson77
30-06-12, 22:42
Thank you :) lifes tough at the min and always feels worse in the morning! I wake up feeling soooo sick and covered in sweat i have to down all my meds to feel relatively normal! im 25 by the way its mad one month ago i was out getting rather merry for my birthday!! Now i cant even smile its so depressing, my doc has upped my beteblockers by 10mg! not much really, i need sleeping aid as everytime i drop of i feel like my hearts stopping or i cant breath and if that doesnt happen i find myself waking up every couple of hours throughout the night, also my anxiety is soooo bad palms sweaty all the time belly going nuts!! So whats up with you? x

BlueEyes28
01-07-12, 01:17
:-( I started suffering with it after I had my daughter at 16 well at least.thats when it became a problem, my dad.had dief the year before, he fell down the stairs :-( After i had my daughter i felt like couldn't walk, felt weak and dizzy and loads of horrible stuff, after about a yr of tests I found out it was anxiety. So i was given meds, saw a pysic and managed to get on with things quite well actually.as i knew then it was "all in my head". I had a couple of bad bouts but again moved on. This time though my anxiety is due to real fears, I recently had a terrible cough that lasted 4 weeks, I was really worried after watching that lung cancer ad so i went to my local walk in centre, i saw a doc thete, she listened to my chest and said you have COPD or enphacema as its its also called, and if you dont stop smoking you will die! I was terrified im only 27 smoked for 12 yrs and i have 3 children to look after, anyway i called my sis shes a carer and knows a fair bit about illnesses, she said there's no way you have that at your age its more likely to be bronchitis as shes had it twice and for the same amount of time with the same symptoms. So i went to see my doc he said that he could.here smoking related noises but that you cant diagnose COPD just by listening to my chest and.he sent me for the right test. It was negative thank god! So i looked up bronchitis and it said thier are 2 types, acute (normal) and chronic ( comes back year after year, 3 times a yr and lasts 4+ weeks and.causes breathing difficulties) so now im terrified that it will keep coming back again and again and i wont be able to breath! So i see no way out now, my meds have been put up from 37.5mg tob150mg! About 2 weeks.ago my doc says it will take at least 2 more wks to kick in fully, iv got an aptmnt with a therapist on the 16th as well but when im like this i cant do normal things like go out ect, at first i couldn't eat or sleep too but that has got better, mornings are really bad for me too, i am soooo anxious then, and.as the.day goes on my anxiety gets less, butbits always there :-( x

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 ----------

Sorry about all full stops ect im on my phone this thing has a mind of its own lol ;-)

kimkitson77
01-07-12, 20:22
Man i really understand where your coming from!
Iv had HA about my heart for many years and when my nan died like over four years ago i had a massive panic attack and i was a right mess i thought i was going to die of my heart condition, nothing had really happened since my heart rate was under control i had alot of support and i just got on with life!
It is only now that i feel so bad again after going through the trauma of suspected kidney stones and not knowing if it was def that i had to spend time in hospital over night too its just really brought all my heart problems back!
I feel worse then i have ever in my life, im always waiting for my heart to skip a beat or have a race or get chest pains its a nightmare, i guess its like you with your breathing. you test yourself and always get what you dont want, its been hard on me as well because i cant just stand up at the min like a normal person as my heart rate does shoot up very fast so i have to just sit and bare it out!! I hate the mornings because i wake up after hardly any sleep feeling the worse it just makes the start of the day so depressing!!! Do you get flutters in your chest from anxiety? x

BlueEyes28
01-07-12, 21:48
Yeh sounds very similar, the thought pattern i mean. I always get flutters in my heart and pain, and since they upped my meds any time i stand up i get really dizzy and light headed, you know how that happens to everyone sometimes like a head rush and it goes dark for a couple of secs, iv always had that happen but only on ocasion, but now it happens every time i get up. I've also had some nose bleeds so im thinking that my blood pressure may be high from the meds. Another thing i get at the mo is this weird feeling in my bladder dont know if you have kids but the way i can describe it is that when your pregnant and the baby kicks your bladder, its like that but not as strong. I'm def not pregnant so can't think of what it might be, i daren't google it we both know why. This along with my fear of getting the bronchitis is crippling me! X