PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd join up

almoststew1990
30-06-12, 22:09
Hey all,

Thought I'd give this a shot and find some like minded people, so hi. I thought I'd join as I have had anxiety and panic attacks about chest pain for the past 3 years, since my first year at university. I just graduated and I am 22. It has got better and worse, but at a new low now so maybe it is time to see if anyone else is experiencing the same. It is worse at night, and tonight is one of the bad ones, so yes that is why I am posting this now!

I'm hoping there are other people like me who miss out on a nights sleep because they're so in tune to what they're body is telling them; I no longer seem to have a normal 'automatic running' mode, I am always in 'Diagnostics mode'!

Much worse is that I am in Finland at the moment. Can't speak Finnish, about an hour away from the hospital, unable to go home for 6 days. Well, 6 nights.

I guess I have just had enough of feeling panicky and anxious and alert continually, being dependant and unable to sleep. I get anxious if I can feel my heatbeat, so I get anxious when I exercise, but I get anxious when I lye in bed too!

So yeah, hi everyone!

nomorepanic
30-06-12, 22:20
Hi almoststew1990

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.