PDA

View Full Version : HELP health anxiety is living my life :(

Seanydee
30-06-12, 22:44
For the past 9 months I've been so ill chest pains,foggy head,neck pains,confused all the time,full feeling in my chest left side,no appetite my doctors telling me it's all in my head"health anxiety"does this sound right any comments will be most appreciated thanks.

nomorepanic
30-06-12, 22:56
Hi Seanydee

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rikke
30-06-12, 22:58
If you are examined by your doctor with blood tests and EKG, then I would say yes .. it is health anxiety. I have had health anxiety for 1 year and I can still convince myself that I am physically ill. Do you get any therapy?

Seanydee
30-06-12, 23:38
I've had countless blood tests,ecg's also I've had a ct scan on my brain all came back clear I just can't help thinking they've missed something,I just can't understand how one min I can be fine and enjoying my day not a care in the world and then bam the symptoms start.....full feeling in my chest,head pains,chest pain the feeling my hearts stopping weak pulse it's so frustrating ?

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Oh and I've seen a therapist twice my next appointment is in a weeks time but the things she tells me to try don't seem to work but at the same time I can't seem to switch off the disturbing thoughts about my health :(

cassy1989
01-07-12, 00:16
Hi Sean,

All the symptoms that you mentioned are typical anxiety symptoms and we have all been there where we don't believe it's anxiety but it really is and it can't physically harm you. You will have your up and down days but hopefully it will come to a point where you have more good days then bad! Feel free to message me xx

Mepanicalways
01-07-12, 01:44
I suffer with health anxiety and its not nice at all , I have been having again recently the chest pain left side above my breast and round the side , foggy head , sick feeling the feeling of my throat closing up and its bloody awfull . Have you had any illness in the past for you to have a health anxiety or is it just you think the worse of any signs , I myself have had thyroid cancer and since that I have always thought the worst of anything if I have a headache its a brain tumour , chest pain equals heart attack its a very tiring anxiety to have I take citalopram and have done for the last 3 years but it is still effecting my every day life . I do hope you realise you are not alone as my husband tells me you can beat it it just easy for people to say ....keep ya chin up x x

Rikke
01-07-12, 09:13
It is very depth studies you have received.

What do you fear they have missed?

When you think that they might have missed something, then you start your fear button ... When you think these thoughts, the brain can not differentiate, and react as if it was indeed danger. Then starts the fight / flight response, shoot a lot of adrenaline in your body, your muscles tighten up, hold your breath, and all the other things to make you ready for this "fight or flight" ... anxiety circle is created, you react by thinking there MUST be something wrong and you put catastrophic thoughts into the symptoms you have right now .... the screw without end.

The sooner you realize that you create this mess with your mind, the closer you come the healing ... I promise you! Tight chest, head and neck pain comes from tension in your body.

:hugs:

Chegsy
01-07-12, 12:00
Rikke I totally agree Seanydee I have and do experience all these symptoms, they are typical to anxiety. When you experience the symptoms try and tell yourself that this is typical to health anxiety and completely harmless, I will be fine very soon. Try a distraction, sometimes this works other times is doesn't.

Seanydee
01-07-12, 22:12
Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate it I'm new to all this I'm 30 and I've never been ill well untill now so u can understand why this has knocked me for six,again thanks to u all xxx