PDA

View Full Version : Scared/Skin Cancer/Mole removal

Amandopondo
01-07-12, 16:04
I had a mole removed a few weeks ago (on the queens jubilee holiday). Originally, when I showed it to my GP he said he would refer me to Dermatology although he didn't think anything was wrong with it. The dermatologist examined it and said he didn't think it was "sinister" but he'd remove it just because it was darker than my other moles. I've been waiting for results which I was told would be ready in 4-6 weeks. However on Friday I was told a Dr at dermatology wanted to see me. I'm now terrified there's something wrong with the mole. I have to wait until Monday morning until I see him. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never had a mole removed before and assumed the results would be posted to me (I'm pretty sure that's what I was told), but now I have to go back I'm sure it's because there's something wrong.

southey
01-07-12, 21:29
I'm sure you will be fine. Getting the reassurance from both your Doctor and Dermatologist that the mole wasn't iffy looking should help calm you?

Maybe the results came back quicker than thought and it's just the routine follow up?

If it was anything a bit more serious you would have heard way sooner than this so it's probably just the results.

Steve:)

Amandopondo
02-07-12, 20:33
Got the results and it is MM but it was thin (0.5mm), got to have a bit more skin removed, then if that's ok I just keep checking my moles. Can't stop looking at them all now, even though the Doctor looked this morning and said he wasn't worried about any of them.

southey
02-07-12, 21:14
I was wondering how you got on. Sorry for the diagnosis. It's good to hear you got it seen to really early and had it removed while so thin.

Wishing you a speedy recovery:)

Steve.