PDA

View Full Version : ROCD is draining the life from me

hempchick
02-07-12, 02:17
I am 22 years old, and in my first serious relationship. We've been together for a year. I feel that I've always had OCD tendencies, along with anxiety, but wasn't diagnosed until recently. I scoured the Internet before I even found out what ROCD was, and knew that I had it.
I know it's OCD, because there is no real problem in our relationship and these fears started forming as my life became stressful because of work and other things. I also have a terrible habit of worrying about my health, if I'm a sociopath, things like that. I thought I had my ROCD under control, and even though I don't feel unhappy, I feel doubtful towards literally every single good emotion I feel for him, and I question myself if those good emotions are even real. I fear that I'm faking it, that I know I'm not good enough for him, that deep down I don't love him but I'm trying to convince myself I do.
Just last week I was on the phone to him explaining how deeply I loved him, and when I picked him up from the airport a couple of days ago I was more excited to see him than I had ever been. But now, I'm having a hard time feeling anything, and if I do, it feels faked.
Anyone else having these same issues?
Do you think it truly is ROCD?
I have talked to my therapist about it but the last time we talked I was doing very well and since I've had the spike I havent talked to her.
Thanks.

hempchick
02-07-12, 02:25
I am 22 years old, and in my first serious relationship. We've been together for a year. I feel that I've always had OCD tendencies, along with anxiety, but wasn't diagnosed until recently. I scoured the Internet before I even found out what ROCD was, and knew that I had it.
I know it's OCD, because there is no real problem in our relationship and these fears started forming as my life became stressful because of work and other things. I also have a terrible habit of worrying about my health, if I'm a sociopath, things like that. I thought I had my ROCD under control, and even though I don't feel unhappy, I feel doubtful towards literally every single good emotion I feel for him, and I question myself if those good emotions are even real. I fear that I'm faking it, that I know I'm not good enough for him, that deep down I don't love him but I'm trying to convince myself I do.
Just last week I was on the phone to him explaining how deeply I loved him, and when I picked him up from the airport a couple of days ago I was more excited to see him than I had ever been. But now, I'm having a hard time feeling anything, and if I do, it feels faked.
Anyone else having these same issues?
Do you think it truly is ROCD?
I have talked to my therapist about it but the last time we talked I was doing very well and since I've had the spike I havent talked to her.
Thanks.

violetgirl
12-03-13, 12:52
i'm 19 years old and also in my first relationship, however we haven't been going out for long. i've also scoured the internet looking for reassurance, and i can definitely identify with what you are saying in your post. i also feel doubt towards my good emotions and it makes me feel like i am faking it too and that i am trying to convince myself that i do like my boyfriend. sometimes i just feel empty and emotionless and i hate the feeling.

i don't know whether it's definitely ROCD, but the symptoms kinda point towards it. i hope you feel better soon