PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro Journey

jaff
02-07-12, 03:26
Hi good day to all,

Today is my 14th day of lexapro ( 5mg per day ).. and this is my first time on SSRI ... also i do have diaz to help out .

Sometimes i do feel like im detached from the people surround me . Is this normal ? i will be meeting my doctor tomorrow to ask if i need to increase my dosage.

Any advice how am i suppose to get through this journey ( medication ) ??

Thank You

ewood79
02-07-12, 04:47
Hi Jaff,

I have been on lexapro for 3 months on 20mg prior to that I was on Citalopram on various doses.

This is a really good anti depressant and like anything it will take time.... 10 mg is probably where you will find if it works for you or not.

Good luck

Cheers

Jarrod

jaff
02-07-12, 06:28
Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for your reply,

im very anxious this morning , also my thoughts running through the roof .
im trying to control the diaz ( xanax ) but had no choice to pop in .25mg ( xanax ) as im attending meeting at office..

i keep telling myself its anxiety but my mind keeps haunting me back with symtoms.... ie nervous, heart palps, dry/blur eyes, giddines, twitches etc etc ,...

sometimes i feel how am i supposed to go through this journey ....

my company is organsing golf trips over this coming weekend . and the more i think of it the more i get nervous... ( i dont know why i get nervous about golf ).. it is my hobby and passion ...

the lexapro has not kick in yet i guess,
worry if i increase to 10 mg might get more weird/worst symtoms which might spoil my weekends trip on golf ... and i dont want people to worry for me ...

best regards

ewood79
02-07-12, 07:03
What your describing is perfectly normal anxious thoughts, the lexapro is a good clean drug, it will help you out in the long run.

Maybe check back in with your GP to discuss how you have been feeling etc. some counseling along with the lexapro will help as well.

Cheers

jaff
02-07-12, 07:34
Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for your advise, crossed fingers and wait ...

hope the lex does help me in long run ..

will update again tomorrow on my progress ...

cheers

jaff
03-07-12, 03:09
Update on day 15th of lexapro ( 5mg )

wake up today was good .. no irrational thoughts . more positive thinking .
still have those buzzing & twitching legs/arms body.. slight dizziness and slight ibs, ( gas ) keep burping after breakfast ..

will see my psychiatris today and discuss how it goes ..

cheers

jaff
04-07-12, 05:10
update day 16th lexapro

Went to see my Pdoc yesterday and she increase my dosage to 10 mg .
took it last nite after dinner and not noticing much side effect. only a little insomia .

so i drank a cup of chamomile tea and went to bed .

wake up abit tired but once im up im energetic to do chores .

its too early to comment much on upped dose , and will wait few more days ..

cheers

ewood79
04-07-12, 06:44
Good to see your making progress mate.... Just keep on keeping on!

Are you doing some counseling too?

jaff
04-07-12, 07:00
Hi Good Day Jarrod,

How are you Sir ?
my CBT is schedule on 10th July .. first lesson ..

Last month i did attend 2 session of cbt with another counsellor, but didnt did much help as i got a young and less experience counsellor .

so finally i gave in to meds ( lexapro ) and arrange for new counsellor ..

after taking 10mg i felt that im abit energetic ( im taking after dinner ), so should i take it in the morning ?

rgds/jaff

ewood79
05-07-12, 02:56
Hi Jaff, yes much better to
Take in the mornings with food..... Keep up with the CBT mate it helps

jaff
05-07-12, 04:43
update 17th day on lexapro ( 15th day 5mg and 2nd day of 10 mg )

i had pins & needles on my head last night before dinner .. also head tingling.
But that doesnt bother me much as i prepared for some side effect on upped dose... had dinner and took my 2nd 10mg lex.. had chamomile tea and went to bed ..

This morning wake up was pretty well and after breakfast has a little weird feeling .. some intense pressure on my head ... eyes heavy feeling ( feeels like closing my eyes all time ) ... unable to focus ( slow focusing ) and nervous ... took .25 Xanax,....
Is this normal on upped dose ?

i guess yesterday was a placebo effect ..

and here i am now making my updates...

cheers

ewood79
05-07-12, 12:54
Perfectly normal mate...... Try to not use the Xanax mate..... Just let the lexapro settle in....

Xanax has some yucky rebound anxiety symptoms so try not to confuse it.

Just keep up with the lexapro and meditate etc!

jaff
05-07-12, 13:20
hi good day mate,

pleased by your reply its perfectly normal.

thank you so much on the assurance and also your kind help through out my lex journey ...

sometimes i feel nervous medicating with brain chemical system .
just pop in my 3rd ( 10 mg of lex ) ...

when can i expect the lex to kick in mate ?

rgds/jaff

ewood79
06-07-12, 01:09
Hi mate it will all ready be starting to work but it's full benefit will take 6-10 weeks.

jaff
06-07-12, 04:36
Hi Jarrod,

How are you today mate ?
well, thats was what my Pdoctor told me .. to try the neds for a good 3 months or 12 weeks ...

update ,

went to bed last nite after a good cup of chamomile tea,
had a very good deep sleep with only woke up once to the loo...

today wake up a little bit difficult . feels more tired ...
feels like sleeping 8 hours is not enough . ( lol )

2 half boil eggs & toast plus a cup of tea for breakfast and fill my stomach full ..
still have the giddiness/numbess in my head .. but abit milder ... also slow of concentration ... slow focusing .. eyes a little dry heavy and sensitive to lights ...

but i can see some different ( improving ) say about 10% ...

Hope to see some lights on my progress soon

cheers

ewood79
08-07-12, 07:46
As long as you know mate each day your getting a little better, you will still have some bad days but overall they will be better!

How's the weather in Singapore?

jaff
09-07-12, 03:31
Hi Jarrod,

How you been doin ?
weather here is pretty hot about 35 degrees, night time is 25 ,

update,
its been 6 days on 10mg after 15 days of 5 mg ..

when i originally start on 2.5 mg and increase to 5mg i got a better feeling the next day..
So after i did 5 mg for 15 days and increase to 10 mg i got better feeling the next day .. but it only feels better a day after my increase dosage.. then it goes down back.. Feels jittery, abit anxious, nervous, giddy, eys straining, blah, dizziness, tired, always want to sleep, low mood ... could it be a placebo effect ??
im not dwelling into it but just a little bit confused.. now i easily got headache on top of my head .. like a pressing downwards feeling from top .. and my eyes will strain to focus .. and the throbbing starts .. it likes 24/7 of headache feeling from the time i woke up and till i sleep ..
when im doin 5mg per day the headache is from my side head ( sometimes left and sometimes right side ) but after upped on 10 mg my headache move to top of my head ... and i do get brain zap, dry eyes, etc..

i had enough sleep, food & water ...

worried ....

ewood79
10-07-12, 04:01
It will all settle down in time mate.... It's just your anxiety tricking you ..... This medication is very good..... Just give it a few good months!

Cheers

jaff
12-07-12, 04:01
Agree with you Jarrod.. i need to be patient and give time to the meds ...

update,
its been 9 days on 10mg after 15 days of 5 mg ..

Wake up this morning with body twitching/jerking...
had a full breakfast and the twitch somehow has settled down.. also eyes dry and vision abit blurry.. abit anxious/nervy and racing thoughts.
had a full 8 hours sleep.

and here i am now with slight headache (on top of my head )

How you doin Jarrod ? and how is the weather in OZ ?

cheers

ewood79
13-07-12, 23:47
Hey mate the weather is crap here! Cold and wet.... Lol

Glad ur going well still mate!

jaff
20-07-12, 09:32
Hi jarrod .. how are ya ?

hope everything is good on your end ...

update,
its been 17 days on 10mg after 15 days of 5 mg ..

anxiety has reduced.... more positive thinking than negative.... less nervy...
been able to move around and has increased energy....

still feels some shaky at times but able to manage ....
daily get headache which sometimes affect my vision. eyes sometimes dry and sometimes teary . sensitive to lights ..
Insonmia big time ... take longer time to sleep although went to bed at 10 pm ... at least 2 hours of lying/turning left and right and manage to knock off by 12 midnite .... appetite improve / weight gain 5 pounds ... twitching has also reduced ...
Sometimes i can see a light at the end of the tunnel ...
thats all that i can think of for now...

jaff

ewood79
20-07-12, 15:41
Hi jaff

Good news mate, keep it up.... Sometimes we need to take more time to smell the roses, and enjoy the little things.

Good days and bad days but more good than bad!

Cheers