PDA

View Full Version : Severe weakness in the morning anyone?

matrix123
02-07-12, 11:19
I'm sorry to bother you again with my issues, but I find it strange. Every morning (or even after some sleep in the afternoon) when I wake up I feel very weak. Especially my left arm and leg feel so weak and the more I stay in bed the weaker they get. However after forcing myself out of bed, having a bit of breakfast and taking Xanax things get better. Also walking makes the "weak leg" feels better. In the evening I still have the weak feeling in both my left arm and leg, but it's much better than the morning.

Does anyone experience something similar? Any explanation for it? Is it only anxiety?

Thanx a lot

VioletWings
02-07-12, 17:04
I don't have the physical symptoms you have, but I know morning is always my (and many other's) worst time with anxiety. Always when I feel my most fragile, and it takes some time to feel "normal". It also takes me time to get going again after my afternoon nap, I can't rush myself. Also I've experienced a lot of general weakness with anxiety.

The fact your leg and arm improve, and that they fluctuate sounds like it's probably nothing to worry about! Some things really are unexplainable! (this frustrates me as I'm someone who likes every little pain and niggle to be explainable!)
My mother just recently had an episode where she was out in town with my Dad, and her leg just went. She had to go to hospital and was in for 3 days getting checked out. All they found was a water infection! Otherwise there was no explanation! The doctor's did ask her about stress, and it has been a very stressful last year or two for her.
It has taken about 3 weeks for her to be able to walk around slowly, and was bed bound at first. Really strange! But it just goes to show how these things can affect us in weird ways (I'm hoping that story is a comfort, not trying to alarm you!)

Of course, it's always worth asking your doctor about it, if just to help put your mind at rest. But I hope this helps =)