PDA

View Full Version : Side effects so they upped my dosage?!

bobbydazzler
02-07-12, 12:29
Hey guys,

Day 7 of cit and I've just been back to the docs for a repeat prescription and explained my side effects..... Anxiety, jaw clenching and dizziness about 12~14 hours after taking meds (better then anxiety before tho!).

He said it might be my body needing more so upped my dosage from 10mg to 20mg per day. Has anyone had a similar experience? I assumed upping them would cause more side effects not less?

I've got dizaepam as well but I'm trying not to take them unless I really need them cos I know how addictive they are xx

lauz_lea
02-07-12, 22:54
Sounds like a peculiar thing for a GP to say, but they have more knowledge (though not necessarily experience) than we do.

Side effects will take a few days to a few weeks to pass for most people. I found that the dizziness only last about 7-10 days, but I never had increased anx (thanks to propanalol) or jaw clenching, but at 5 weeks on 10mg I'm still suffering with a little afternoon tiredness. It is normal for cit to be increased from 10mg to 20mg after a week or too though anyway, but yes, you may get an increase in side effects for the next few days/weeks.

Don't worry about the diaz, take it as and when you need it, that's what you've been given it, but if you're scared about addiction, you may want to ask your doctor about beta blockers, I've found them fantastic.