PDA

View Full Version : Back to work :-(

casswhite
02-07-12, 19:40
Hello everyone, im just looking for alittle support :-). Im returning back to work tomorrow after 5 weeks off sick. Ive had a bad time with panic attacks which has made me unable to work. Im anxious about going back, even though i want to get back to normal im affraid that im not going to cope :-(. I was just wondering if anybody else has had to face this.
Many thanks for any advise

holly1
02-07-12, 20:28
Hi Casswhite
I went back to work last week after 8 weeks off. I am back on a phased return so I am just doing half days at the moment.
I was dreading it but it was much better than I was expecting and my colleagues were really supportive. You should just take it one day at a time and build up your confidence again slowly (I found panic attacks left me with very little self-confidence).
I guess you won't know until you give it a try but I wish you all the best.
:hugs:

casswhite
02-07-12, 20:48
Hiya holly, thank you for your reply that has really helped me!! :-). Your right i think once i get over my first day ill be fine its just that first hurdle!.
Thanks again holly i wish you well too,nice to know im not on my own :-)

kittikat
02-07-12, 22:27
Hi Casswhite
I went back to work last week after 8 weeks off. I am back on a phased return so I am just doing half days at the moment.
I was dreading it but it was much better than I was expecting and my colleagues were really supportive. You should just take it one day at a time and build up your confidence again slowly (I found panic attacks left me with very little self-confidence).
I guess you won't know until you give it a try but I wish you all the best.
:hugs:

Hi Casswhite, I totally agree with this post. I returned to work at the end of January after 3 months off. I think the thought of doing it is far worse than actually getting back. I spent my first day back doing very litttle, just lots of chats, tea and amazing support from my colleagues. It will be great for your recovery too. Are you doing a phased return? It does help if you can, a little less stressful and eases you back in slowly which you may find beneficial after your time off. I wish you lots of luck...you will be fine. After day 1, you'll feel like you were never off!! :hugs:

Kitti :)

LittleMissSleepy
03-07-12, 00:22
It is daunting going back to work when you suffer anxiety. I wish you good luck. I've recently gone back to work after more than 10 years of being a homemaker. I am agoraphobic and work from home. I have had a lot of anxiety attacks whilst learning new tasks. However it's been good having the distraction and keeping busy. Not sure where this journey will take me but I hope I can stick at it. When I have an anxiety attack I have to just keep working and it soon passes. Hope it goes ok for you.