PDA

View Full Version : Three day attack

Pampas07
02-07-12, 21:56
Hi
I had a panic attack about 2 years ago, I'd given birth a couple of months prior and had been back in hospital for an op, I'd been anxious after the anaesthetic but it got worse and worse until I was crying to someone to please help me. I thought I was going mad! I called the local crisis line And they though it was a panic attack but it went on for 2 days!! I called the local mental hospital and asked them to take me in! (yes extreme I know) but on the third day I just snapped out of it?
Then Saturday I was going with my husband to spend the evening (and over night) at his bosses house with his family (meal etc) when I felt that familliur sinking feeling, we got there (three hours from home, and we ate our meal, I felt the urge to vomit after eating (highly embarrassing) not the food was horrible. I went to their bathroom and then I really lost it. I got so sick!! Does anyone else get this with panic attacks? And explosive diarrhoea? My mouth was so dry and all I could drink was sips of water. My husband came in and told me to go to bed and relax but I was just rooted to the spot! No body could use the toilet! Soooo embarrassing but the thought of moving terrorised me! I stayed in the toilet crying and being I'll all night and came home Sunday morning. I ached so bad from shaking for so long, I went to the out of hours doctor and got some sleeping tablets an managed to sleep lst night

Anyway it is not now Monday night and I still feel horrible. Not shaking but just sad and upset.

Has anyone else had this long winded attack before.

suzeelew
03-07-12, 00:59
hi pampas
oh yes ive had panic attacks that have lasted for days..i feel for u...possibly the most horrific feeling and feel like theres no where to hide....the violent diaHoRREa AND voMITTing...
im on citalopram. diazapam, zopiclone and propranolol but feel like im slowly on mend...i have a weekly deep massage and cbt and keeP as qUIEt a life as possible now..
keep in touch and use this site it is excellent for support xx

dally
04-07-12, 22:18
YES, I have panic attacks that start witth terrible shaking legs that wont stop moving and it builds up to as if Im cycling a bike. I cannot control my legs and my whole abdomen is churning and I feel nauseas. It just builid up and up and I have in the past tried to put my fingers down my throat to make myself sick, but I cant do it properly and I also usually have violent diarrhoea as well. I know its just adrenaline that is wanting to 'empty' my bodys digestive tract and pump the blood to my heart and muscles to 'flight or fight'
but this logic totally escapes me when Im panicking!!!

\i totally sympathise with you, with what happened in your night out!!
I have a wedding to go to in August and I have imagined your senario excactly happening to me at the wedding service and again at the reception!!!!
So the doc has perscribed me propamalol which I took first one at 3pm.
A big deal for me cos I will not take any meds. I felt fuzzy and headachey, but other people have said this stops . I hope it does cos I dont want these side effects for the rest of my life.
So the reason Im trying the propanalol is hoping that they will stop the shaking and vomiting and diahorrea, which are all symptoms of too much adrenaline.
I'll let you know how I get on

take care xx