PDA

View Full Version : Theory

ParanoidScotsman
02-07-12, 23:28
A Friend suggested to me i cant be suffering from paranoia as i am aware of it, he said the people who are not aware of being paranoid are the ones who do have paranoia:whistles:

Agree or Disagree??

CameronG
03-07-12, 02:31
Are you a diagnosed Paranoia or describing yourself as one?

I would assume if A person is a diagnosed paranoia then they wouldn't b aware of it themselves, more ppl pointing out their behaviour, however you could be a worrier which would seem similar to paranoia I guess lol...obviously I'm no medical expert, just my thoughts

ParanoidScotsman
03-07-12, 09:31
Are you a diagnosed Paranoia or describing yourself as one?

I would assume if A person is a diagnosed paranoia then they wouldn't b aware of it themselves, more ppl pointing out their behaviour, however you could be a worrier which would seem similar to paranoia I guess lol...obviously I'm no medical expert, just my thoughts

I was told/diagnosed by a psychitrist i have this

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx37.htm

purplesky
03-07-12, 12:04
I would say your friend probably means extreme paranoia more likely to be associated with psychosis.

With psychosis a person may be unaware of their paranoia or lack insight. In other words, they don't know they are ill and may be unaware of their symptoms etc...and it may be accompanied by other symptoms such as delusions or hallucinations.

Paranoia is really a form of extreme anxiety, so its possible to be aware of it or unaware of it, or to flip between the two.

Its complicated..and whether aware or unaware, it ain't pleasant.

swgrl09
03-07-12, 17:02
I believe you can be diagnosed with paranoia and in in your case it can be termed "with insight," meaning you are aware of what is going on. If you weren't it would be termed "without insight"