PDA

View Full Version : New here hi to all

bern56
03-07-12, 07:46
Hi from Aus. Got a few things going on in my life & my shrink just says ” walk your dog, take deep breaths & take your tabs. Don't have any friends, have gone from a working, party animal to a virtual recluse. Won't go on too much, just wanted to say its nice to be here.

nomorepanic
03-07-12, 07:58
Hi bern56

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Lilac58
03-07-12, 08:07
Hello bern and welcome, from a very wet and dismal England.

This board is so good, you'll really find help and understanding here. Thank goodness for the internet eh, especially for us stay at homes.

Have you been feeling down for a long time? For me it is about 7 months now. I am scared of everything. Hope seeing your shrink helps you, maybe it is early days and waiting for the meds to kick in?

It's easy to say get out and about, not so easy when you're terrified.

There's always someone around to be a friend here.

Lilac

BobbyDog
03-07-12, 15:12
Hi Bern, I know how you feel!!!!!!!!!:welcome:

sos
03-07-12, 15:12
Hi Bern56

I too am a newbie so still just testing the water, i'm similar to you i have gone from working part-time going to the gym out having fun with my girlfriends and being a volunteer at a local cancer care centre to sitting playing on my computer and watching tv and hardy ever do any housework or any day to day things.

Hope we get something out of this site.

take care :)