PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling good help

Pacific
03-07-12, 16:52
I'm feeling really bad right now, just got back from driving to the gym and i felt spaced out the whole way over there, derealization/depersonalization feelings, horrible, when i focus on it it gets alott worse. Yesterday i went to do some shopping and i felt really out of it like i wasnt there kind of feeling. It feels like my brain is on overload. I feel like im losing my mind. I've been diagnosed with anxiety but im so scared something else is wrong.:weep:

I feel like im about to panic real bad!!

I have almost constant symptoms dizziness, lightheaded, cold chills, shaky, tired, scary thoughts, sick to stomach/nausea, dp/dr, only in the morning i feel normal. Im yawning alot and just feel weak.. like i have the flu.
Tommorow is my birthday and i want to feel better. Please help!

neowallace
03-07-12, 17:45
Hi Pacific

I am really sorry to hear your about anxiety problems just now. What I will say is all these symptoms you are describing are symptoms of anxiety. I have also felt like I am cracking up or losing it but when my anxiety comes down then a lot of those symptoms go away. I would say though you should visit your G.P to as it sounds like your anxiety is very high. I hope this has helped. I do wish all the best and hope you feel better soon.....

:hugs:Steven

BobbyDog
03-07-12, 18:59
I am sorry too.
Going through a rough patch myself at the moment.

Agree with Steven about going to the doctor.

Perhaps you do have the flu and it is exasperating your anxiety symptoms.

Pacific
04-07-12, 14:32
Thanks both of you. Thnx neo for reassurance that its just anxiety symptoms. I'm feeling better but maybe thats bcus today is my birthday..noticed today i rly do have flu going a bit...Bobbydog hope your good..anyone with similair symptoms how do u take focus off them?

lleksam
05-07-12, 00:42
Hey Pacific,

There are certain "grounding" techniques which you can learn to help you during times of dp/dr - These techniques focus on using your senses I think to reconnect yourself with your body and surroundings.

I think they focus on taking in your sense of smell and touch, there are also CBT methods which teach you that what you're feeling is temporary and cannot harm you.

You may find some comfort in knowing that almost everyone experiences dp/dr in their life, normally when waking up, waking up from an operation, truma, tiredness, when the body is running out of energy and in need of food or just during the normal course of a day. I know i get the feelings when I have watched a lot of tv or movie or played a video game for a long period of time.

How do I deal with it? I just get on with whatever I am doing, I know it will pass and it can't harm me, the more you focus on it the worse it will be and the longer it will last.

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Oh and happy birthday!

sammie82
08-07-12, 12:21
Bless you...i understand what you are going through and i don't wish Anxiety on anyone.

You listen to what people have to say and it still doesn't sink into your brain, its like your obsessed that something is wrong because that is how Anxiety makes you feel.

All i can say is keep busy and find something to focus on other than your symptoms, this can help them pass and give you some control.

I really hope you are feeling better.

Sam x