PDA

View Full Version : Hi, wish I'd found this earlier!

rosalena
03-07-12, 17:41
Only just found your website, why on earth didnt I find you years ago! Im 36 and have 3 children, I live in the midlands. I started experiencing anxiety and a feeling of not belonging (ie, different to everyone else, cant make small talk) when I was about 12 yrs old. I didnt have a good childhood which I think contributed to it. I then got into a couple of bad relationships with men I shouldnt have trusted. HOWEVER, I worked for years and did make friends; doing my family tree helped and I would recommend it to anyone! You find out who you are, where you come from, how you fit in. Anyway, after experiencing severe anti social behaviour from teenage kids on my street all my old problems came back. I didnt go out for 2 years and went from a size 12 to a 16, my health has suffered and I have asthma. Ive thankfully moved house! Thank God. But still suffer agoraphobia and nerves. Im tempted to keep my kids off school so they can stay with me and be 'safe', but I know its wrong. God knows what the future holds, I dont want to stay trapped in this mind. But Im lucky to have my children. Over and out! :)
PS, if anyone knows how to get tested for Aspergers I'd be interested to know. The symptoms are me down to a tee but I never ever go to the doctors, I dont know what to say! Am on no meds at all.

nomorepanic
03-07-12, 17:54
Hi rosalena

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
03-07-12, 18:55
Get the doctor to come to you, explain that you have Agorophobia.
Regarding the Autism/anxiety, you would have to explain your symptoms to the GP and he should be able to make an initial judgement. If he thinks you are on the Autistic Spectrum he should refer you to a consultant at the hospital, or if it is anxiety related, The Community Mental Health Team.

Vanilla Sky
03-07-12, 20:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

rosalena
04-07-12, 10:18
Hi Vanilla, is there a way to check replies to postings as I forget which part of the forum Ive posted on! Like some boards have a 'Replies to my posts' link to click. Thanks.