PDA

View Full Version : Never knew this was OCD

rosalena
03-07-12, 18:06
This sounds mad to me lol, its my secret and I have never told anyone. Since about 1997 I think, I have a 'ritual' where I run through in my head the entire way that I want to spring-clean my house. Starting with outside windows and guttering, the garden, then ceilings, etc etc, til its finished. Of course I do normal housework every day (I have 3 children) but I dont spring clean like I do in my head! If I hear a noise outside while Im going through my little routine, I'll have to start over again. I also picture my dream house and its entire contents, down to the crockery lol, and just 'imagine' placing it all. This is a daily thing, usually at night now although it used to be during the day. I also cant stand outside noise at night, I seriously PANIC that my kids will be woken up, to the point that I'll sit up all night. On a recent holiday in a caravan I ended up on heavy sleeping pills and was thinking Id be better off drowning myself in the sea. However now Im home, the pills are in the bin. Takes all sorts! :whistles:

KaoticKutie
04-07-12, 21:24
Any obessive thoughts that you feel the need to act out, or do, or say.. and you do it often because otherwise it would cause anxiety or you feel the need that you HAVE to do it.. is an OCD. Pretty much. AND it seems OCD and Anxiety issues go together. Have you thought of using white noise to drown out outside noise? Since a teenager I need a fan on at night.. to drown out other noises.. and its a calming thing and I like feeling the air on my face. Just a thought ( but now the fan is like an addiction.. if I sleep somewhere with no fan, I don't get a good sleep).
And yes it takes all sorts. I find some of my OCDs.. like your cleaning ritual are just kind of quirky and don't interfere too much. It doesn't sound like it does.

rosalena
03-08-12, 22:03
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I 'discovered' fans in the summer a few yrs ago and now we have one on every night except when its extremely cold. Have a tolerant husband lol. But its a brilliant idea, I'd recommend it to anyone, my only concern is I have them going in my kids rooms too so Im getting them 'hooked' on fan noise instead of coping with every day outside noise. I was ok til I had my son 14 yrs ago. :huh: Take care hun. xx