PDA

View Full Version : New today

nettie66j
03-07-12, 18:27
Hi

I am so pleased to have found this website, I have been suffering from anxiety, depression and agrophobia for over 2 years now and I have now been assessed by a psychologist and diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder.

What doesn't help matters with me is that for 29 years I have suffered from lupus and then in 2007 I was bombarded with illness and now live with 14 diagnosed illnesses and take 93 tablets a day just to survive.

For 24 years I managed really well with just the lupus and I even managed to work full time and have a relatively normal life.

My husband used to be in the RAF and we moved around the country and had a fab time, he left the RAF in 2006 and we moved into our own property out of the military in Dec 2006, we managed to spend christmas with our families as our house was all boxes as me being the brain that I am decided to move on 18th Dec yep I did.

On Christmas Day I was taken ill and ended up spending the next 3 days vomitting. I was finally diagnosed with novo virus and spent a few days in hospital. We got back to our new house and got ourselves sorted out, I started to get better slowly very slowly and even managed a bit of temp work whilst I was waiting for the results of my Accountancy Exams. I got the results Feb 2007 and passed had a couple of interviews took the job that suited me best and was due to start on 17th March and on 15th March I was rushed into hospital suffering with a TIA. By this time my husband had started his new job in civvi street and was thoroughly enjoying it thankfully.

Over the next 3 years things went from bad to worst and by Oct 2010 I was ready to jump off a bridge. I had now been diagnosed with Antiphospholipid syndrome, a prolactinoma, asthma, Sjogrens Syndrome, cushings disease, rheumatoid and osteo arthritis , low thyroid gastroparesis, cogans syndrome, myasthenia gravis, plus the lupus and then in Oct 2010 I was diagnosed with 3 dvt in my groin and that was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I spiralled out of control into severe depression.

I had to be in the hospital every day by 08.00 from 29th Oct to 16 Dec for blood tests and to try and get my warfarin stable. I refused to admit or ask for help as I thought I was just tired and I could carry on what the heck I had survived all the moving etc with lupus and managed to work what would this lot do if I took my tablets every day nothing I was sooooooooo WRONG

There were days I could hardly get out of bed let alone down stairs, every time I ate food if it was anything other than cornflakes or jelly it would go in and within 10 minutes I would be in the bathroom and it would be in the pan undigested this went on for months whilst tests were performed I went private so as I did not have to wait and had the usual tubes here there and everywhere three times and they finally found out that I had gastroparesis which usually only happens if you have diabetes which I don't so that is why it was a last resort test to be done.

So 2011 was pretty tough and in May of this year my my husband and I were victims of Identity theft and debit/credit card fraud and lost over 15000, and with all this going on me and my health my husband was trying his best to work full time look after me and sort the police out etc , as you can imagine he broke and ended up off work for 3 months but now he is back full time and we are coping much better.

I have been assessed by a psychologist with PTSD and I am waiting for my therapy to start, and I am really now looking forward to it, we have had an assessment with the social services and they are now providing a cleaner for us for 4 hours a week and that is a great help, well just as things were starting to settle I get rushed into hospital and diagnosed with heart failure and angina and again the depression raised it's head but I managed not to self destruct, only just I did still harm myself I make cuts in my scalp and make them bleed they hurt and I know I should not do it but I get so anxious I cannot help it.

This is just a quick note the story goes on and on as you can imagine but it will be nice to share my stories with others.

nomorepanic
03-07-12, 18:39
Hi nettie66j

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
03-07-12, 20:36
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

anxious2
04-07-12, 16:58
I like you are new here, and I also have sjogrens syndrome like you, I suffer as well from anxiety and get occasional depression which I think is hormone related

Veronica H
04-07-12, 20:00
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Vx