PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over new kitten...?

Gatsby
03-07-12, 18:28
I just got a new kitten, he is amazing as all kitties are. But for some reason every little thing is just too overwhelming, i'm almost in tears at every moment. So much so i'm debating at times whether to get rid of him. He was a gift so this makes it even more difficult. I know it's gonna change as he gets older, no worrying if he's going to settle or like me. But right now it's unbearable, i can't enjoy him for worrying. Sorry if this seems irrelevant, i just needed to get it out, instead of pretending that all is okay.

dream
03-07-12, 18:40
Hi ,
It not silly at all, please give ur kitten more time ur worrys will fad and u will get so much enjoyment from him , i know its easy said then done i have been in tears over my dog before worrying about him but he is my baby and would not be without him ,kittens are hard work but as they get less naughty he will bring u so much joy xx

Pipkin
03-07-12, 18:56
Hi Gatsby,

I completely understand. I got a puppy a couple of months ago and was sure I'd made a terrible mistake. My anxiety went through the roof and I was sure I couldn't cope. After some very kind people on here reassured me, I stuck with it and now I realise it was the best thing I could have done. I don't know what I'd do without him.

I'm a real routine person and I hate change in my personal life. Suddenly, I was confronted with a whole new world which meant I couldn't carry on as before. After a week or so, I adjusted and now have new routines which, to be honest, are much healthier than before.

The mad kitten behaviour will get better as he settles down and then you'll wonder how you managed before.

Good luck

Pip xx

Gatsby
03-07-12, 19:07
Pipkin- I think that's my main problem, my life revolves around routines.
Thank you both for your reassurance, i know only time will tell.

Pipkin
03-07-12, 19:23
I promise it will get better and quickly.

Stick with it and you'll soon wonder what you'd do without your fluffy friend.

Pip x