PDA

View Full Version : Still panicking over my leg :(

Jsp
03-07-12, 21:53
I've been panicking about deep vein thrombosis for a few days now. It started off that the inside of my left calf was really tender to the touch, and hurt every now and then. Today, my calf is less tender but there is pain going throughout my thigh, calf and sometimes a bit on my foot. It is not swollen, red or hot to the touch. I'm getting some muscle twitches down the leg too.

I usually suffer from sciatica down that leg but it doesn't really feel like it :S unless I'm just having a very bad bout of it, although my back isn't really aching.
I took an ibuprofen a little while ago but it hasn't helped.

I'm just fed up with worrying about it all! What does everyone think it is and is there any chance of it being DVT?

nomorepanic
03-07-12, 22:15
It isn't a DVT at all.

Go and see doc and ask about the sciatica though.

As I said before I have had a sore calf for over a week now and I am sure it is my posture when sat on the laptop at night.

Re-read all the replies you got to you other posts as well as there was lots of reassurance in there

Jsp
03-07-12, 22:46
Yeah I think I will have to go back. I went before and she said it normally clears up within a few weeks. Well I've had it on and off for months! If this is the sciatica than it's the worse it's ever been.

Yeah my posture is pretty bad too! Although, my calf isn't sore anymore, just now all these pains and twitches everywhere. My foot and some of my toes are twitching like mad!

I will have another look as they really did help me. And thanks again, it is reassuring just to hear someone say it doesn't sound like it!