PDA

View Full Version : Swallowing, lump in throat/oesophagus.

Louise36
03-07-12, 22:52
Hi all, I'm new here but have been on other health anxiety boards before. I know lots has been written here about globus, throat issues etc etc but thought I would share my story. I've been having issues with swallowing, lump in throat/oesophagus for some months. All started back in January with upper front tooth ache which seemed to also affect my sinuses. Got it into my head that I had sinus cancer and was referred to ENT. Whilst there had ct scan which showed nothing more than gunk in sinuses so all good... Then ear started feeling blocked, but was not actually blocked as has test done and no fluid behind ear, and frontier I self diagnosed myself with having throat cancer bcos a rare symptom of ghat can be ear pain (even though don't really have pain, just blocked feeling. After that started to feel like food sticking in throat. Started over swallowing, becoming very conscious of swallowing and of my throat and how it feels. This has stayed with me for a few months now... Alternate between thinking something stuck in throat to stuck in oesophagus. Eating has become a worry. Had gastroscopy a year and half ago and all fine so I realistically know that nothing would grow that fast to cause blockage, butcannot shake feeling. Also I know that most of u with globus feel it less when eating, well mine does not feel Amy better with eating at all.... Any comments welcome. Thanks for listening. Louise.

Louise36
04-07-12, 10:52
Any advice?

chl_hobbs
29-07-12, 21:30
Hi Louise,
I cant believe no one has posted in response to this! I too have been having the same feeling in my throat for a while now, and it's getting worse this weekend. Ive had an endoscopy and they couldnt see any ulcers in my tummy, but they organised an esophogeal manomentary last Friday to check acid and how my throat swallows. However, when she tried to put the tube up my nose and down my throat, she had a lot of difficulty. It was so painful and she said 'oh it's quite tight in there' but kept shoving it in - I screamed out in pain and she took it out and they couldnt do the test, but ever since my throat has felt even MORE painful and Im starting to convince myself she's perforated my throat (Thanks, Dr Google...!).

The throat is tight, I can swallow food etc ok, it just seems like an effort to do so. Im conscious of it all the time. It's painful just underneath the 'Adams Apple' (if i had one).

Any advice (anyone?!) would be appreciated.

Charlotte

Louise36
30-07-12, 16:36
Wow, we do have same symptoms!!! At least you have been referred, my GP won't refer me... When I had endoscopy in October 2010, I was told my oesophagus was quite tight. I worry that the feelings I have are too low gown for globus as the feelings I get tend to be where the hollow is at base if throat... I am living with it at the moment and some days are better than others, but am focusing on eating too much and on the lump like feeling in my oesophagus/throat.

RaynHay
30-07-12, 18:11
Hi Louise and CHL.

I have been having difficulty swallowing for about 5 weeks now. I had the camera down my nose and the back of my throat and there was nothing there that alarmed the ent doctor. I can swallow water and tea etc quite easy but as soon as any food goes in my mouth i cant seem to swallow it. I have even tried soup, cuppa soup, fruit smoothies but they wont go down either. I feel as though the doc doesnt know what to do but i really need to eat. im getting really upset wondering why i cant eat. I didnt realise there would be people out there with the same sort of issues. Are you on any meds? im on mitzraprine, propranolo and diazepam.

Louise36
01-08-12, 20:57
I'm on Prozac. I also have a burning ache below my right collar bone area - worried that this is connected to oesophagus issues. I have even googled lung c as shoulder pain can be symptom and I am 36 and non smoker!!!