PDA

View Full Version : worse at bedtime

loonerj
04-07-12, 01:45
Hi all,

I suffer with HA and it has been getting beter in the day but when I go to bed at night, I feel scared, not well and restless. I really don't know why this is. I am also getting fuzziness in my vision which apparently is normal but because im anxious I look out for it so make it worse.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Kelxx
04-07-12, 01:58
I feel like this every night. Right now it's 2am and I still can't sleep, I normally don't sleep until about 4.
At nigh when we try to sleep we have more time to think, making us notice little in un-important symptoms.
When I get worked up at night I read a book, it takes my mind of things and I eventually drift asleep. :)

loonerj
04-07-12, 02:20
I am just starting to feel tired, but no doubt ill get back in bed and be wiiiiide awake!! I hope you manage to relax and sleep thank you for replying xx

Estellenoire
04-07-12, 02:53
I feel 100% worse at night, and I dread the nights from about 4PM onwards. I have to wait until I'm so tired I feel like if I lean against a wall I'll drop off before I even attempt to sleep, and even then sometimes it just doesn't happen.

I wish my mind would rest.

feelingblue
04-07-12, 03:06
It's so awful not being able to sleep.
I have jet to fall asleep, went to bed at 10pm read for a bit, listened to self help sleeping aids. But could not drift off. I am feeling very anxious + retching as got a Gp appointment later today. I can't cancel as I need more medication.
Not sleeping makes the anxiety worse.
I need to sleep. Ahhhhh.

mandshere2000
04-07-12, 04:02
Hi
Feeling blue
So it's not just me who cannot sleep
It drives me mad I drop off to sleep and wake half hour later
feeling anxious like now have to try and take my mind off of it
How long as your sleep been like this
Manda

feelingblue
04-07-12, 10:15
Hi Manda, hope you slept well.

My problems with sleeping started back in March. I was waking up at 3am and being unable to get back to sleep. It gradually got worse and I was getting no sleep. This less to my anxiety returning and being off work since May. I am on Citalopram 10mg and propranolol 40mg. I was due to see the Gp today but I cancelled due to getting no sleep. I am completely shatthered.
I plan to take a sleeping tablet tonight.

I find that my body is tired but my brain is going crazy, thinking about silly things. I tried all the mind stilling tips but can't drift off.

Do you have any tips?

Fb.

Pansy
04-07-12, 14:03
Hi all
I've had so little sleep these past few nights, I am just about on my knees. I seem to drop off for about an hour........then PING! I'm awake at around 2 or 3. That's it for the night or sometimes go off around 5-6am. My brain is in overdrive, but my eyes are so tired and sore, and my body is dropping. Tried counting backwards from 100, imagining waves on the beach, all that sort of stuff. Help!!!

Hope you all manage to get some decent sleep soon.
Pansy

loonerj
18-07-12, 00:50
My sleep problems have been like this for as long as I can remember. Like now I went to bed as I felt so tired as soon as I got into bed BOOM there goes my mind, think, think, think and more think!!! I am so anxious now that I started to focus on my pulse as I thought I can feel it going nuts. I can feel it in my teet, hear it in my ears and feel it in my hands, arms, chest infact everywhere.

So I am now back downstairs going mad!! It is affecting my mood in the day, I have been very grumpy lately, I don't know how my poor family cope with me.

I feel very unsettled in my room too, its odd. I hope you are all managing to get your sleep. xx