PDA

View Full Version : i dont think i can do it

R.Barratt
04-07-12, 07:37
Hello
Today I have an open day at my college. I need to go to college as I want to become a clinical child pshychologist. I want to go. I like to learn and keep busy. However I know a lot of people from my high school go to this college. Which means lots of my old bullys.
I am so anxious today. I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't have any friends at this coollege and I feel like today people will laugh call me names and take the mick out of my weight and looks. I feel so depressed

waunder
04-07-12, 07:52
College is different than high school, you are older. They are older. Besides if you really want to know what makes a bully tick than you are going into the right career. They have already taken to much from you , do not let them take anymore. Remember that bullying is wrong , they are wrong and their day will come. Your life is your own and if you want to represent and help children in this world you have to show them the way so when the day comes to go you stand up breath deep and slow and do this for the children you will help and do it for you. Look for groups you can go to for support or start your own but do not let them defeat you and your future. By the way , helping our children this way is so needed.:yesyes:

holly1
04-07-12, 08:03
Hi, I agree with Waunder.
Take it one step at a time. Just set yourself the target of going to the open day today and getting more information on the course you want to do.

Try not to visualise yourself at college being bullied as this will of course make you feel very anxious. This is the worst case scenario but like all us anxiety sufferers we tend to convince ourselves that we have to be prepared for it.

I really hope it works out for you. I know its hard but it will be worth it!
:)

R.Barratt
04-07-12, 08:20
Thank you so much holly and waudner. Your kind words and advice really do me a lot to me. And I know you're completely right I shouldn't allow people to stop me doing what ii want to do. I am still anxious of course but I have taken my first step I am at the college now. So fingers crossed xxx

eternally optimistic
04-07-12, 08:23
Hi

I hope you make it to college for the Open Day - do it for
you and say up yours to the people you would rather avoid.

College is a new start and I hope you manage to get there today.

Lots of luck and let us know how you got on.

Take care and best wishes.

R.Barratt
04-07-12, 08:31
Thank you very much jay ann. I have got to the college and need to be here til 12 that's my next step xxx

eternally optimistic
04-07-12, 17:01
Goood - glad you made it.

Was it a success, did you manage to enjoy the experience?