PDA

View Full Version : Panic issues

cuteliljocey
17-07-06, 03:15
Hi everyone! Again before I write my post, I would like to thank all of you for all your support, careing and love you all shared with me. I have been on Zoloft for the past 2 month or so and feel much better. BUT!!!!
*chuckles* theres always a but!
Ive been getting freaked out thinking I have CHF <congestive heart failure> and enlarged heart. I always panic over my heart and before put on meds was having masive chest pain and felt it was a heart attack. Im having issues because Im a med tech and a nursing student and it seems the more and more I learn about issues with the heart and other illness's I panic and worrie about it thinking Im going to drop dead. I had a paitient who died of diabetes at the age of 39 and now Im stuck on those three diseases CHF, Enlarged heart and diabetes. Im 21 years old and have my life ahead of me... and IM wasteing it away by worring.. Ive been to the Doctor and have had blood work, ekg, and chest x-ray and all where within normal limits... Why am I still in a panic from time to time? Why am I so affraid of dying? You would think I would be excited to go home... but IM so scared. I think Im scared of how Im going to die. I know very well death is all apart of living. From the day we are born we are dieing. Im a nursing student for goodness gracious... Could that be makeing it worse? Ahhhh *screams* Im so tired, and just want to be normale... yet I ask myself what is normale? Anyway I hope you all have a great day! Take great care and have a great week! Stay safe!

Daisybun
17-07-06, 09:08
Hi Jocey! First of all it's great that the meds are helping you. It is natural that if you are learning about conditions and have health anxiety that you will think you have these conditions, even people without it I'm sure will double check things. Try and focus on the positives, I know it can be hard. As you say you are 21, you do have your whole life ahead, it is natural that you want to live a long life and that dying is something that frightens a lot of people, Christian or not. How about writing down all the 'truths' about your health and when the 'lies' come read the truths and confirm them in your mind, that is what I do and it helps.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'