PDA

View Full Version : Might not have Hiatus Hernia after all :(

Peru83
17-07-06, 08:19
On Saturday night I had to go to the out of hours doctors as my stomach was in real pain! I'd had Fajita's for my tea ( I know I should of known better, but they are just soooo good ) and about 10 mins after I ate them I got a pop in my stomach and a warm pain! I did begin to panick and so went to the doctors!

When the doc examined me he asked if when I had my scope for my hernia did they see an ulcer, I replied 'I've never had a scope whats that?!'. He couldn't believe that a doc had made a bold diagnosis like Hiatus Hernia without a scope and that he feels , with what have I described, I might just have an ulcer! :(

I have an appointment to see my G.P at 10:50am to see about gettting a scope and blood tests taken.

Does anyone else have an ulcer? Do I really have to give up spicey food all together? And what is a scope like? Bit worried about that.

Take Carexx

claire

onwards and upwards

Daisybun
17-07-06, 09:26
Hi Claire, i haven't had a scope but my mum has, she has a hiatus hernia. I think it is good that this dr has advised that you check out what is going on properly. There are meds you can take for ulcers which reduce the amount of acid the stomach produces. i have them at times, i don't have an ulcer but i suffered awful heartburn and gastric reflux due to anxiety/stress, too much of that can cause ulcers. Try not to worry too much, but it is best to get checked so that the right treatment can begin and you'll feel a lot better.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Peru83
17-07-06, 14:37
Well I asked my doc about putting me forward for a scope but aparently they only give a scope to peeps as young as me if the symptoms are drastic, which mine aren't. They have taken blood tests and are sending me out an appointment for a scan on my Gall Bladder to rule that out.

TY for your reply Daisybun, I do take tablets for my Hiatus Hernia which is good for ulcers also it's called Omeprazole. The doc said for me to continue taking them as they are probably the best thing for me whatever the out come.

Looks like I just need to lay off the spicey food :(, really dunno what I'm gonna do, I'm just not a mince and tatties type of person. I love a good curry, thats probably why I'm like this lol.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

Lucy36
17-07-06, 18:54
Hi Claire

Im sure the blood tests will come back fine hun.. [:X]you know im always here if you ever want to talk about any situation okdoke

take care lucy [:o)]
xxxxxx

Peru83
19-07-06, 19:51
I still have the horrible feelings in my stomach :(, but I get the results tomorrow, hopefully, from the blood tests.

I'm getting another symptom tho........it's a weird sensation in my neck, like something is constricted! on the left side! it's also leaving a weird pressure feeling along the left side of my jaw, from my ear to my chin. This is really, REALLY, begining to panic me to no end!

Please someone reasure me that it's just anxiety and that someone else has had this symptom! I'm really a kick off the ass from phoning the out of hours doc here or going to A & E! My family keep saying 'your fine, stop dwelling on it', I can't stop myself tho.............

Claire

onwards and upwards

nicktaylor
19-07-06, 20:32
I couldn't tell you about the hernia, but I can tell you about the neck and the jaw - I'll bet you a virtual 10p that's anxiety :D

I've had this off and on for a month now, and for the last week the tension's been really bad, I've been getting headaches at the back of my neck, and in my jaw. Tonight I felt tight in my gums! At one point it felt like someone was ripping all the muscles from the back of my neck away from my head, it was horrible. But I'm sure it's just the tension building up. If you can, try getting someone to give you a massage in the neck and back, that might help.

Hope it makes you feel better! :)

RunsFromBugs
19-07-06, 21:09
Hi Jamie,

I've had various pains in my neck shoulders and head for many years and ALL are just anxiety. I found that taking up yoga helped me. Others use massage or meditation or progressive muscle relaxation. Just be open, try some different relaxation methods and then practice one you like every day even when you don't feel like it.

Peru83
19-07-06, 21:25
Cheers guys for your replies.

It probably is muscular, but you know what it's like to have yoru mind run away with you. I might even just be coming down with something........who knows?! but I have struck a deal with myself, that I won't phone the doc till tomorrow and only if I'm feeling as bad. Obviously if I get worse then I will phone, but fingers crossed it doesn't.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

Peru83
20-07-06, 16:57
Well havne't phoned the doc for an appointmet as yet, so thats good. Still don't feel my best,but not as bad as last night.

I got one of my blood test results back today for my anemia and thats fine (for once), just waiting on my liver and stomach test results back. Maybe thats what I'm anxious about?!

I can speculate all day.................lol

Take Carexx

claire

onwards and upwards

scouser1959
15-09-10, 20:25
hi i have had that sensation in the left side of my neck and jaw, it felt like someone was pressing on my neck! i had physio and my gp said it was due to tense muscles yep stress!!! hope your feeling better by now:)

nomorepanic
15-09-10, 21:15
Scouser - this is very old post and jammie doesn't come on here anymore. Just in case you were waiting for a reply lol

scouser1959
06-05-11, 13:56
aww ok nicola thank you, i had forgotton i had posted it! but thank you