PDA

View Full Version : Lump in earlobe

sophiethestar
04-07-12, 21:02
For about a month or so I've had a small lump which feels to be inside my earlobe. It hurt when it first came but now it's stopped hurting but it's still there. You can't see it but if I feel my earlobe I can feel it where my earlobe meets the side of my face. It feels like a little ball. Anyone else had these? It doesn't feel like a lymph node and I'm not sure if you have them in that area. Anyone got any ideas?

sophiethestar
05-07-12, 12:34
Anyone? :(

nomorepanic
05-07-12, 12:56
A boil or a cyst maybe

swgrl09
05-07-12, 12:59
yes, I have had these. I think they start as pimples and then turn into a cyst. Thats what it sounds like if it started out being sore.

sophiethestar
05-07-12, 15:04
I did have some acne around the area which has cleared up now. I thought it was a pimple too at first, but its beneath the surface of the skin, rather than on it. If feels like theres a tiny ball trapped in my earlobe because I can feel it from the front and behind of my lobe. It's really strange.

imissnotworrying
05-07-12, 15:19
sounds like a cyst, i have one pea-shaped behind my arm, they're completely harmless xx

stressybessy
05-07-12, 18:52
Do you have pierced ears? My daughter had a similar lump which was caused by having her ears pierced several months earlier, the doctor said it would subside by itself eventually but to leave the earring out if it was bothering her.

sophiethestar
05-07-12, 23:08
Thanks. :) I'm feeling a little mroe reassured now. I do have my ears pierced. I stopped wearing earings when I first noticed the lump. Strange I never had them before as I've had my ears pierced for 12 years.