PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

RaynHay
04-07-12, 22:42
hi,

here we go... i started getting panic attacks about 6 months ago, and they were really horrible. My hands and feet would sweat then i would feel like i couldnt swallow. I went to the doctors and he put me on propranolol and mirtazapine. I started on 1 10mg propranolol and 15mg mirt. it went away for a couple of weeks and then came back. The doctor then put me on 2 10mg propranolol and 30mg mirt. it stopped for about 5 months and now its back. im a very outgoing person and i never get nervous about anything. I am all of a sudden finding it very hard to swallow and having to take a drink to get food down. i am losing weight because i am not eating properly. i have an appointment again tomorrow at the doctors and hopefully he will be able to give me something else to help prevent this from happening. For a while i thought i was the only 1 with these symptoms but after reading this forum i can see that there are other peeople suffering with similar symptoms. If anyone can give me advice on what to ask the doctor for or how to make this stop then please im me or reply as i really need help with this. its affecting my life, my job and my relationship.
:hugs:

nomorepanic
04-07-12, 22:52
Hi RaynHay

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

R.Barratt
04-07-12, 22:56
hello raynhay :)
im rebecca. welcome to nmp im so glad you found this website i know it has helped me so much. i believe all anxiety is both to do with your mental and physical being so maybe you also need to see a councillor just to chat and maybe youll discover a reason for your anxiety thaty you dont realise atm on your own. hope i helped. xxx

RaynHay
04-07-12, 23:30
hi

thanks for the welcome! how do i go about seeing a councellor? does it cost much? thanks

BobbyDog
05-07-12, 13:07
hi

thanks for the welcome! how do i go about seeing a councellor? does it cost much? thanks

Your doctor should be able to refer you for CBT, in some areas you can refer yourself on the NHS, if you look up community mental health team in your area.

Veronica H
05-07-12, 13:21
:welcome:to NMP. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/ (http://www.claireweekes.com.au/)

This will get better. Veronicax